cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Losing watch on 2 device's at same time?

While changing a device on my account I see in the small print that it says from 31 July I will only be able to watch on one device at a time instead of 2. Why is this changing? To be only able to watch 1 device at a time makes Now TV not worth the price. Has anyone else seen this? 

65 REPLIES 65
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aye, you are correct. This is what happens when you try to write an angry post after NowTV throws a curveball and then a Ferrari slides into a wall during quali.

Correct, I can cancel and "lose the offer". And I've done just that for the cinema package. It's a little out of spite but gives me the budget for boost should I need it, but again, out of spite and principle, I think I'll avoid it if I can.

I hate being so negative, but if the "Sports offer" is 22+ quid a month, I feel like I have to complain if it's not up to scratch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Discussing. Cancelling my subscription and getting Disney and I f**king hate Disney

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you want more than one stream then it’s annoying yes but the only option is to take out boost. 
Which I’m paying £3 for until November.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't seen this either and am no having the same issue, can't watch on android when my son is on xbox?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a nosy at the post from me directly up from yours.

Very annoyingly they dropped the stream number on the 19th July to 1. And the only way around it is to get boost.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's clearly all about money. Like all of these money grabbing streaming services. 

So basically if you have more than one tv with more than one streaming device it's going to cost you again and again and again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is really poor. When NOW TV was a fairly new thing, it was £6 a month (for the basic entertainment pack) and you could watch on two devices simultaneously. Now, it's £10 for one. Sky's calculation of course is that more people that need two streams will swallow the extra £5 than will just cancel completely and go elsewhere. Me, I was going to get a monthly sports subs, but as I won't be able to watch it when my wife's watching something else there basically isn't any point. No way am I paying an extra £5 for what should be (and USED to be!) part of the service anyway. Really disappointing.  I wish I could say I was surprised, but at the end of the day it's all about the £s.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Don't forget the added advertisements as well so it wasn't just cutting the number of streams (lost over £30 a month from me) - Funny that IMBDtv has now launched as an ad funded service while NOW adds ads, increases the price and reduces the service

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It needs a little thought to avoid logging between the accounts all the time, but if you want to watch Sports while your wife is watching something else, then this implies that you have at least two devices to watch on.

And in this case, there is no downside in you having a whole separate account for your Sports membership; the limitation is one user of any given account at a time, so just put your Spirts on a separate account, and then you can both watch at once, for exactly the same price as 2 memberships on a single account.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Except for the additional advertisements that were added when the number of streams were cut