cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Losing watch on 2 device's at same time?

While changing a device on my account I see in the small print that it says from 31 July I will only be able to watch on one device at a time instead of 2. Why is this changing? To be only able to watch 1 device at a time makes Now TV not worth the price. Has anyone else seen this? 

65 REPLIES 65
janid1959
Advocate

i agree , as a separate issue I took my stick to Ireland thinking as i pay for the service i should be able to use it ..oh no not available wanted me to pay for upgrade 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just cannot believe how out of touch their streaming prices are - potentially charging people over £50 to get one stream with ads and not the best quality  -  Compares so badly with the "mouse" offering of 4 streams for £8, or one of the others with 3 streams for £8 - both of which include  movies and TV shows in the price

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can’t truly compare NOW with Disney+. 

Disney+ does not offer live TV streaming and I’m no shape of form does it offer Live sport streaming. 

To say charging £50 and comparing it to Disney+ isn’t true. Take away the sports membership then it’s worst case £25 if your unlucky to not get offers on cinema, entertainment and boost. 
Whereas for all 3 memberships I’m paying a total of £9. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't need live TV streaming when the programmes are set up for on demand  -  and without having to hope for special offers you get 4 quality streams for £8  - taking out sport still leaves the offering here of  £20 plus ads for 1 stream - I was paying somewhere around £38 a month for sport, entertainment , cinema and boost, the loss of FOX followed by increasing the price of boost and cutting the basic stream to 1 was enough for me to end the lot.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Well you need to get yourself some cancellation discount. 

That’s how I’m paying £9 in total for boost, entertainment and cinema. If they wanted or expected me to pay full price at £25 they most certainly wouldn’t have a subscriber of 6+ years!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I did have cinema and entertainment at half price, a discount on sport and paid the full £3 for boost  but at the same time as losing content they upped the price of Boost and cut what was already a poor value streaming offering and added ads - If someone had 2 accounts, got entertainment on one and cinema on the other, they would have a stream of each rather then just the one and is ridiculous that they do not offer at least a stream for each package held (although that would still be poor in comparison to D and AP)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Definitely have to agree I think the move to 1 stream was mental. Didn’t see the reasoning behind it. 

Although being a customer with boost since it got introduced I wasn’t really affected. Still I think 1080p and 5.1 should be standard across all memberships retaining the 2 streams. 

That being said, 4K content needs to appear for Boost to truly be beneficial in my opinion.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So basically every other streaming service moves forwards, and NOW Tv decided to introduce or rather remove functionality which was massively helpful. Not only now can we not manage devices but also they have taken the streams down to just 1. It's greedy, not only now is content riddled with adverts, you now want even more Monet to add multiple streams. Just absurd for a family home with multiple devices and people watching different content.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bad enough to increase the price of boost, but then to cut the standard to one low quality stream and add ads to it

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It was a very odd decision for them to go down that route. 

Have to admit that I was already a boost customer purely for 1080p and 5.1 sound. So I was completely unaffected.

That being said, to reduce the number of streams to 1 was just plain insanity as far as I’m concerned. Not a smart move in my eyes.