cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streamlegally
Scholar

Re: Losing watch on 2 device's at same time?

I was paying £3 and they didn't make me any offer on it when I went to cancel (they did with the 3 packages I cancelled but that's no use without boost after the cut to 1 stream)

0 Thanks
Daveedjackson
Advocate

So basically every other streaming service moves forwards, and NOW Tv decided to introduce or rather remove functionality which was massively helpful. Not only now can we not manage devices but also they have taken the streams down to just 1. It's greedy, not only now is content riddled with adverts, you now want even more Monet to add multiple streams. Just absurd for a family home with multiple devices and people watching different content.

streamlegally
Scholar

Bad enough to increase the price of boost, but then to cut the standard to one low quality stream and add ads to it

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Daveedjackson 

It was a very odd decision for them to go down that route. 

Have to admit that I was already a boost customer purely for 1080p and 5.1 sound. So I was completely unaffected.

That being said, to reduce the number of streams to 1 was just plain insanity as far as I’m concerned. Not a smart move in my eyes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
David65
Advocate

Yep. I’m happy now, I’ve taken my Sky Movies £5.99 & Entertainment £4.99, cancelled them and paid for Netflix for £9.99 (Standard, stream on 2 screens at same time plus HD) for a saving of £0.99/mth and I can now watch movies/dramas/entertainment at the same time and at the same time as my Sky Sports 😊 NOW TV greedy executives really didn’t think that through 😂

streamlegally
Scholar

They have been offering them for £2.99 a month each - rather suggests the price increase/cut in streams/adding ads has not been an unqualified success.

Simon_S
Advocate

This is really poor. When NOW TV was a fairly new thing, it was £6 a month (for the basic entertainment pack) and you could watch on two devices simultaneously. Now, it's £10 for one. Sky's calculation of course is that more people that need two streams will swallow the extra £5 than will just cancel completely and go elsewhere. Me, I was going to get a monthly sports subs, but as I won't be able to watch it when my wife's watching something else there basically isn't any point. No way am I paying an extra £5 for what should be (and USED to be!) part of the service anyway. Really disappointing.  I wish I could say I was surprised, but at the end of the day it's all about the £s.

streamlegally
Scholar

@Simon_S  Don't forget the added advertisements as well so it wasn't just cutting the number of streams (lost over £30 a month from me) - Funny that IMBDtv has now launched as an ad funded service while NOW adds ads, increases the price and reduces the service

RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon_S 

It needs a little thought to avoid logging between the accounts all the time, but if you want to watch Sports while your wife is watching something else, then this implies that you have at least two devices to watch on.

And in this case, there is no downside in you having a whole separate account for your Sports membership; the limitation is one user of any given account at a time, so just put your Spirts on a separate account, and then you can both watch at once, for exactly the same price as 2 memberships on a single account.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
streamlegally
Scholar

Except for the additional advertisements that were added when the number of streams were cut

0 Thanks