cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Losing watch on 2 device's at same time?

While changing a device on my account I see in the small print that it says from 31 July I will only be able to watch on one device at a time instead of 2. Why is this changing? To be only able to watch 1 device at a time makes Now TV not worth the price. Has anyone else seen this? 

65 REPLIES 65
starman73
Elite

I get 4 screens with Amazon for less money and 2 screens with netflix... for comparitive prices - loosk like Disney will get a new customer because what Sky are doing is just ripping people off with this one.

I only pay £1/month for entertainment.  There are always email offers, retention offers and offers on the website https://www.nowtv.com/offers.  I don’t think anyone actually pays £59/month for sports+cinema+entertainment+boost, do they?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is making me want to cancel cuz I do not wish to pay for boost I hope more people will do the same so they put it back

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Typical Sky being robbing barrrrstads. Probably preparing for their contract with HBO coming to an end. Once that’s gone, Sky and now tv will be pretty useless. Two devices for the price was stingy anyway compared to Prime / Disney+. They’re digging their own grave here!  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I started watching NOW TV when SKYGO and its Mobile TV app stopped in June.  I subscribed to a Sports Month offer of £20 for one month of Sky Sports so that I could watch the Golf, Cricket, and Grand Prix season, I was very pleased because the previous Sky app wouldn't run on my PC or let me stream to my TV.  Now TV was brilliant, I could watch it on TV or my PC while I kept in touch while in the kitchen or bathroom by streaming to my iPhone.  I realise that this was an offer and accepted that the next month would cost me £33.99 which I still considered reasonable value.

However, today when I went to do the same, that is streaming on my TV while listening on my iPhone while busy in the kitchen and going back to watch the TV if I heard anything interesting happening, but NO, despite having to pay an extra £14, I have had my payment for July taken, I didn't see the Small Print and find that I can only stream on one device and it's not even the 31st yet.  Definitely not such a good deal now!  It's not streaming to a houseful, I'm an OAP in a single household and not very happy about paying quite a bit more for less service!!   

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you want to stream on more than 1 device then your best to take out Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Until mid July the streams was available for 2 but then reduced as a bid to increase the use of Boost. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a moved to get people to use boost, this is having the complete and utter opposite effect and his driving people away from the platform!

It's time to pack my bags as well!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Don’t you mean our bags, or are you another of those people who can follow two streams at once? 😛

I’m sure someone at Now Towers has a spreadsheet where you can dial in projected prices for each service, with assumptions you can (hopefully) tweak about how the projected audience revenue, and the ad revenue, will move up or down as you set those prices.

Me, I would have kept the Boost at £3 when I dropped the simultaneous streams to 1, and deferred putting it up to £5 until three or four months had elapsed.

If you want to boil the frog, you have to do it s-l-o-w-l-y.

But I think the £5 is to do with the value proposition for advertisers. Now’s space sellers have to explain (or if they keep quiet about it, deal with savvy media buyers who raise the point) that ads will be seen only by the people who are too cheap, or too poor, to buy a Boost. And only one person per account will be watching the ads at any given moment. And what sort of a demographic is that to offer advertisers?

So the Boost went up to £5 to at least raise the bar a bit there.

At which point, Now should have kept the simultaneous limit at 2, potentially doubling the ad viewing opportunities alongside the better quality demographic to offer advertisers, of all the people who would have paid over £3 for Boost, but wouldn’t go as far as £5.

And deferred letting both members and advertisers down with a bump by holding off cutting the simultaneous limit down to 1 for a few more months.

But Now did both at once; it will be interesting to see if that plays out for them according to their predictions.

Not that we will ever know directly of course; but we may be able to glean something from any further tariff changes that come along, both short and long term.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB @AshManWOW @gavs82008 @Xenon_Slayer 

Well Fellas

For me, the writing is on the wall unless NOW rescinds some of it's mistaken new policies.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, let me get this straight. I've taken out the following packages:

Sports offer: March until December

Cinema offer: April until October

I'm locked into those packages, and the 2 streaming devices was a FEATURE I BOUGHT IT FOR (for sport at least), and half way through, the product changes? Unacceptable. Oh, I'm sure there's some small print somewhere that allows them to pull something like this, but this is not what I signed up for.

I'm a little angry at the moment so it's hard to be somewhat diplomatic. I'm not paying for Boost. What are the other options? Can I cancel and get a refund for the time remaining? That would be a bit overdramatic...but like I said, not too pleased.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Unless you bulk paid for 6 months in one go your not tied in at all.

All that would happen is if you cancel your memberships you would lose the offer if you decided to restart at some point. 

Whilst I don’t agree with the move, the only way to keep the multiple streams and without 3rd party adverts is to get boost plain and simple. That being said I went to “cancel” boost and was offered £1 a month for 3 months.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help