cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Losing watch on 2 device's at same time?

While changing a device on my account I see in the small print that it says from 31 July I will only be able to watch on one device at a time instead of 2. Why is this changing? To be only able to watch 1 device at a time makes Now TV not worth the price. Has anyone else seen this? 

65 REPLIES 65
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a nosy at this link, will confirm that streams are going down to 1, if you want more than 1 stream then you need to purchase Boost. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

You'll no longer be limited to 3 device swaps per month

From 15 July, we're removing the limit of 3 device swaps per month. Instead, your device list will update on a rolling basis. So if you've got 6 devices registered on your account and you start streaming on a new one, the device with the oldest 'last used' date and no downloads on it will automatically be removed for you to free up a device slot.

As part of this change, you'll no longer be able to rename or manually remove devices in My Account.   

Members without Boost will have single-stream viewing

From 15 July, if you don't have Boost you'll only be able to stream on 1 device at a time (previously, you could stream on 2 devices simultaneously). 

If you want the option to stream on multiple devices at once, you can add Boost to your account. With Boost, you can watch on up to 3 devices at the same time – and of course, you'll also be able to enjoy the other benefits of ad-free viewing and Full HD and 5.1 Surround Sound on selected content and devices. Find out more about Boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv are stopping multiple devised simultaneously what a bunch of conning bar stewards, I will not be paying for boost. I’m cancelling all monthly passes.  I've emailed them after agreeing F1 for the season on multiple devised then now want to charge extra/change the agreement. Leave before you get ripped off !!

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User all services are heading that way. Netflix have recently announced they will be preventing account sharing and/or multiple streaming. 

The difference here though is Now aren't removing the ability to share an account, or insisting you pay for multiple accounts, just that you pay a little extra for the privilege of using multiple devices simultaneously.

starman73
Elite

Now aren't removing the ability to share an account, or insisting you pay for multiple accounts, just that you pay a little extra for the privilege of using multiple devices simultaneously.

It’s a daft policy.  If I pay for Sports, Cinema & Entertainment and have them on the same account I would have to pay another £5 so my wife or daughter could watch something else when I am watching the football in the SAME house.  Disney + and Prime have no such restriction.  I could understand no more than one stream per membership but not per account.

So I will set up three accounts, have one membership on each and get three streams anyway.  I will have sports on the now stick and the others on other devices like fire sticks, iPads, laptops etc.

Note - Prime won’t let you watch the same movie on 2 devices at the same time, but has no such restrictions on live sports streams.

starman73
Elite

Disney + - Up to four screens can stream simultaneously on one account - £7.99/month or £59/annum for me as I took annual sub just before Star was added - Movies + TV shows

Netflix Premium - Up to four screens can stream simultaneously on one account - £13.99/month -Movies + TV shows 

Amazon PrimeVideo - Up to four screens can stream simultaneously on one account - £7.99/month or £79/annum - Sports + Movies + TV shows

Now - one screen can stream on one account - £54/month. (Sports + Cinema + Entertainment) - 3 screens - £59/month. 🤣

Anonymous User
Not applicable

makes no faking sense, just money grabbing, typical sky. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah plus forcing you to watch 2 mins of ads before each new episode of something just proves how right you are! Bunch of gold diggin beaches!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 of the other main streaming services give 3 or 4 streams for under £8 a month (plus they have a better basic streaming quality)  -  you could spend over £40 a month on NOW for one stream plus added ads - at the very least NOW should allow a stream for each channel package someone has (boost maybe to allow multiple streams from the same channel/package).

I had Sports, Entertainment, Cinema and Boost until they cut the basic number of streams to 1 and tried to charge more for boost -  which got me thinking about their charges and I ditched the lot 

stvlsc
Advocate

Currently get entertainment free through phone contract who have just also added boost free too. Cinema is £5.99 a month & sports is £20 a month through special offers on now. Certainly won't pay £59 a month for it!