cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Login to Irish version of Now TV error.

When I log onto Now TV from my macbook I get logged into the Irish site, everything priced in euros and my passes don't show. Im in England. I need the GB site. With plenty of messing about when I do get into it my account it is complete and passes show. I have to type nowtv.com/gb into my browser to get it.

How do I stop the logging into the Irish site?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This happens to me sometimes (though i do visit nowTV ROI website occasionally just out of interest to see what's happening over in NowTV Republic of Ireland).

If your internet browser automatically takes you to the NowTV Republic of Ireland website again, then go to the bottom of the NowTV ROI webpage and hopefully there will be a link in small writing saying something like "Go to UK website" or  something along those lines.

Hopefully your internet browser after a couple of times visiting NowTV will then automatically send you to NowTV UK.

Also use this website checker tool below to see if your IP address is showing your location in England.

https://www.whatismyip.com 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The go to UK website link on the bottom of the NowTV Republic of Ireland website now seems to flash up for a split second then disappears (it used to stay there to click on in the past so you can redirect to the UK).

Only tried the above using MS Edge on my tablet.

I will tag a NowTV Staff Member to see if they can check this thread out for the reason why you get diverted to NowTV ROI and their pop up doesn't not say do you want to go to NowTV in your UK region or the Go to UK link on the bottom of their NowTV ie webpage doesn't remain on the page to click on anymore.

Hopefully after a few visits to the NowTV UK website your internet browser will self learn the correct website address.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Checked my IP address, it showing as London GB.

There is not a link popping up briefly at the bottom of the ROI site. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok I have solved it!!!!!

When I did as suggested in the community, Goto System Preferences and made sure the location box was checked, I had failed to scroll down thru the list of apps and put a check in Chrome App.

So obviously it works now.

I found this is from looking in the chrome browser address bar after typing "Now TV". After the search came up the web address had a little red cross against it. Clicked on that for a warning that location service in chrome was off. So went into System Preferences and checked Chrome as above.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User h

This is the screen shot (bottom right) which shows the "Go to UK site" that normally shows up on the NowTV ROI website if you are browsing their main webpages from the UK.

Screenshot_2021-03-12-21-07-37.png

Usually clicking on the "Go to UK site " will automatically redirect you to NowTV in the UK.

For some reason for me recently, the "Go to UK site" is extremely temperamental, ie sometimes it works, other times it will flash up for a matter of a split second, then other times it doesn't appear at all.

When i tried it in the past it always seemed to work for me when using MS Edge internet browser on my tablet.

Edit - Ignore this post because i can see you have figured it out what's been happening 👍.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just wanted to say thanks for your help.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did you buy your MacBook in the ROI?

Is your UK location set correctly in the MacBook?

Is your NowTV account a UK one?

@schnapps 

An ROI IP address on a device running a UK-based NowTV account should be interpreted as that user roaming in Eire, I believe, so even that should pull up the GB site.

Having said all the above though, some forays I made onto the ROI site while supporting users on here did have NowTV querying my choices for a while when I reverted to the GB site, though that has stopped now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Macbook not purchased in Eire, I have just checked location in System Preferences and that's checked ok. Also looked at IP address and that is set as London GB.

Also done the account finder thanks for that, & I only have one account coming up.

Yes it is a UK account. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok I have solved it!!!!!

When I did as suggested in the community, Goto System Preferences and made sure the location box was checked, I had failed to scroll down thru the list of apps and put a check in Chrome App.

So obviously it works now.

I found this is from looking in the chrome browser address bar after typing "Now TV". After the search came up the web address had a little red cross against it. Clicked on that for a warning that location service in chrome was off. So went into System Preferences and checked Chrome as above.