cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yuaz61
Mentor

Keeping landline number confirmation

Hi All,

I've just signed up to NOW Broadband and have elected to keep my landline number (from Virgin) which was accepted during the sign up process.

However I have a problem in that I have been emailed confirmation emails from NOW which don't show they have received my landline port request as part of the order, and it says my number will be a completely different number.

I'm worried that my landline number will be lost so I just want to confirm that in my order or account somewhere, it has been noted that my existing landline number is to be kept or transferred.

Is there any way to confirm that?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@yuaz61 

Give the team a call and hopefully they can confirm for you. 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412518

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
yuaz61
Mentor

Thank you I guess I'll try that, I tried the contact page on the site and it suggested to come here first which is why I posted. Hopefully this thread may help others in a similar situation.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@yuaz61 Do bear in mind that switching from Virgin to an Openreach provider is not as straightforward as in other cases, you may need to contact Virgin directly to notify them and make sure that they release the number. 

yuaz61
Mentor

I understand that, I did speak to Virgin and they said they need a request from NOW to take over the number and then I can cancel my services. Hence why I need to confirm my number request has been properly accepted in my order.

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, in which case you really should contact NOW again as advised earlier if you haven't already done so. 

yuaz61
Mentor

Contacted NOW, and they said no landline was provided. So I've had to cancel my order and wait a few days so I can re-order. A bit inflexible ordering system but I can't do much really.