cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just upgraded to a box with free passes included - a few questions

I've just upgraded from the original white box to the latest version of the smart box (black and pink.) It came with one of each pass pre-loaded to the device, which it looks as though I can activate one at a time or all at once from the website. 

Just a few questions as I don't want to get caught out anywhere:

- Am I right in thinking I can save these passes and activate them one at a time at a later date?

- I had to abandon a former account during setup as it continuously said the password was wrong, even after I had just reset it. After a few times going around in that circle, I gave up and registered with my second email address, it duly took my payment card and charged it 10p. This is for verification and will disappear shortly, correct?

- The box states that passes auto renew unless cancelled. As I haven't used my free passes yet, am I right in thinking I don't need to worry about this until I activate a pass and then follow the usual procedure to cancel if I don't want the renewal? I won't be at risk of being charged for anything in the meantime (card is close to the limit at he moment.)

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can redeem and start the passes that came bundled with the box within a 12 month time !imit from date of purchase, where you can start each pass when you like within this time frame.

The 10p check on your bank card is for verification purposes only.

More info here about this 10p verification check.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/why-wasnt-my-payment-authorised

The pass will only auto renew if you start them or start a free trial and don't cancel before the next due payment date ( please note a day or week sports pass doesn't auto renew where all other nowtv passes will).

Also a good idea to add a payment pin to your account by going to My Account > Settings & Pins whilst logged in on here.

Anymore questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can redeem and start the passes that came bundled with the box within a 12 month time !imit from date of purchase, where you can start each pass when you like within this time frame.

The 10p check on your bank card is for verification purposes only.

More info here about this 10p verification check.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/why-wasnt-my-payment-authorised

The pass will only auto renew if you start them or start a free trial and don't cancel before the next due payment date ( please note a day or week sports pass doesn't auto renew where all other nowtv passes will).

Also a good idea to add a payment pin to your account by going to My Account > Settings & Pins whilst logged in on here.

Anymore questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good luck with that, I just did the same and the passes started automatically as soon as I followed the instructions to start up the box and link my account to it! Very annoyed as had I’d know I wouldn’t have activated it yet. There is misleading information on these forums that claim you can save the passes, this is not correct. Only pass that doesn’t auto start is the Sky Sports Day pass.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV has changed the rules since @schnapps answer above, which was true at the time it was written.

The Sky Sports Week Pass will also not autostart, but I haven’t seen this bundled with any devices (yet?)

But all the others will :-

autostart if there is no existing Pass of that type present;

autoactivate ready for the next month if there is an existing Pass of that type present, and currently slated to auto-renew for the next month at the regular price;

autodefer if there is an existing Pass of that type present, and currently slated to auto-renew for the next month at an Offer, Deal, or Discount price.

Exceptions to these rules may occur if a Cancel has been applied to the current Pass, and also if billing is progress at the time, but these will likely cause deferment, if anything.

The rules are applied individually, Pass type by Pass type, except that Day, Week, Monthly and longer-period Sports Passes can interact, though I am not quite sure how, exactly.

The Sky Sports Mobile Pass is treated as a separate Pass type in its own right.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @RoyB 

Unfortunately @Anonymous User rules and policies are tweaked or changed over time, where it is always a good idea to post on the forum with any questions so you receive the latest information or up to date advice from fellow forum members on the Community.

I due understand where you are coming from and sympathize what you have said.

All i can suggest is to pop over to live chat and explain to them the situation of what's happened and see if they will grant you a new voucher code for your troubles where you can save the new code to your account and use sometime in the future (can't guarantee they will accommodate you though where there is no harm in asking).

Here's a link to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/