cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Iv been charged for my free two month pass, how do I get a refund?

I bought a now tv stock a month ago and it came with 2 month free entertainment trial pass but I have been charged for these. £9.99 for one and £7.99 for the other. How do I get this refunded as I never agreed to pay this it says on the box and voucher “2 month free entertainment pass” 

look forward to to your response. Jazmine.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here! Have they done something about it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled my pass and a month later i was charged, i have just cancelled a second time but unsure whether i will be charged next month.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

One constant complaint we see is about failed Cancellations; for anyone who hasn’t actually has one of these, but is reading this and thinking of Cancelling, be aware that the NowTV process for this is misleading, going on borderline deceptive, and that you need to press about four Cancel buttons, at least one of which will be off the bottom of your screen with no scroll bars to indicate there is anything down there, and that you haven’t actually Cancelled until you have received an email confirming that you have Cancelled.

I don’t know why NowTV do it like this; they do themselves no favours in the PR stakes, they don’t make any money this way as they will always give it back for the genuine customer Cancellation fails they cause this way, and it is just extra admin for them. I do understand why NowTV want to hang on to customers; but all the buttons you need to press ought to be on the screen you can see without scrolling, on any device, and there ought to be a clear ‘n Steps To Go’ message at all times, counting down to a clear final ‘You Have Successfully Cancelled’ Message if/when you have.

(Though what do I know? I’ve only been designing user-facing UIs since 1969 Smiley Tongue )

So you may only have thought you had cancelled 😞

But contact NowTV, and if they can see the paid-for Pass hasn’t been used, they will likely refund you:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

The Pass on your new Stick goes and lives under My Account/Passes & Vouchers, but you have to redeem it from there to make it active.

If you haven’t done that, this is why you have been charged; but go and Redeem the Voucher now, if you have less than a month to go on the paid-for Pass, and you will get the next two months after that for free,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.