cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's impossible to sign out of all devices/change password to prevent someone logging in again!

Hey guys,

There's a big security flaw currently at NowTV regarding devices that are logged into your account. Say you gave a ex partner/friend/colleague your login or your account was compromised it's impossible to sign them out of your account.

For example changing password should solve this but it doesn't. If the account has already been logged in by someone else changing the password just prevents them signing in on a new device. However, if they are already logged in they can continue watching. 

Another option is ask chat to force sign out all devices. This does nothing. It just clears them from your device list. Once they start watching again it will continue to work. 

In a nutshell it's impossible now to prevent someone you once allowed access to your account to continue using it.

I have noticed @RoyB has mentioned this several times dating back several months. Surely this should be a priority for the security team!

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Go onto live chat and request ALL devices to be logged out. Just make sure you click “chat online” within the green bot, not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

But I agree, they need to bring back manage devices 😡

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

Just to clarify - you need to change your password and then have Live Chat force sign out on all devices.

This should mean that when the perp tries to connect again, they will be asked for a password, which they won’t know, and so they won’t be able to log in again.

Mind you, it’s quite possible that someone has access to your account, from a ‘persistent’ device they have inherited, and doesn’t actually know your password, so if they were forced off, they couldn’t get back anyway.

But I’ve been getting the sense lately that when Live Chat try to force stop all devices for us, it doesn’t actually work, even with the password change. Is this what you have experienced?

In which case, bow your head to the inevitable. About my first posting on here, a few years back, was bemoaning that you can’t keep subtitles On, from session to session. And you still can’t. Sometimes I think I’m just wasting my breath 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 I’ve done that to no avail.

@RoyB I guess I’m joining the first post club that has an issue that won’t ever been resolved. 

I’ve changed my password prior to asking chat to force sign out my devices and even then I can hop on to all my previous registered devices and off I go streaming without the hint of asking me to sign in with my new credentials.