cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with payment - Anyone else?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been having this issue.

I've set up a new account, tried to apply my payment details and it's failed. So I've tried another card (same company) and it's failed. It's not showing declined, it's showing Oops, something went wrong please try again and the other error I get is Hmm, something looks wrong with those details. 

I've triple checked the details on both cards, checked the funds, been working with ANY other company and it's all fine. I spoke to the bank, they said Now TV haven't even attempted the 10p check to ensure it's active, they've said Now TV have declined it without even checking.

It's a UK card, registered to my address and has a security protocol on it. I've tried it on a PC, iPad, iPhone. Tried different browsers and apps and deleted all history, browsing and cookies.

I spoke to Now TV chat 2 weeks ago, sent screenshots and heard nothing back and just keep getting told it's being looked into and other people are having this issue.

Is anyone else having this problem? Has Now TV said anything else? This is getting very frustrating, I have vouchers given to me as a present and I'd like to use them at some point but can't because I can't register my cards. Really don't understand why not.

Any help much appreciated.

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It wont accept my security code

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does now tv accept visa debit bank cards

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Kezza

For all intents and purposes, they do accept Visa debit cards unless you bank with a non-traditional bank.

BTW I'm not Now TV, just a customer like most of the people that visit this forum. 

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you sure it is a Debit Card, and not a Prepaid Card? There’s a difference,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the same problem and I don't no what to do i have been on the website and tried to get help but nothing what do I do can anyone help @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @RoyB @ukbobboy @Anonymous User 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you have had your internet cut off, then you can still contact the Broadband team on the number you were given for this, but they are down to a skeleton staff (unfortunate expression!) so you may have a bit of a wait to speak to them. But if your landline is still working, at least the call is free.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I’m getting the ‘Oops, something went wrong ...’ message. Am wondering if it’s a problem with my address not matching. The Address Finder tries to populate ‘House No’ with ‘Flat n’ but this is not a valid value for the field. Neither ‘Flatn’ or ‘n’ are accepted &  I’m guessing since it then doesn’t correspond to the address on my Bank / Credit Card Statements. So perhaps a problem with addresses for Flats? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Try Flat 0n, with a leading zero. There is a NowTV input editing bug here that seems to need that for house numbers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately ‘Flat 0n’ not valid value for that field. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I have the same issue. Tried to search for help, someone emailed me offering to have conversation on the phone and indicated in that e-mail wrong information  on my account .how can I trust after  this email, to pay on the phone? Not happy with customer services... I logged in my account and looked in my personal information  as I thought maybe I made some mistake, and it was not what have been indicated in that email...how? And why? It happened?