cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with payment - Anyone else?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been having this issue.

I've set up a new account, tried to apply my payment details and it's failed. So I've tried another card (same company) and it's failed. It's not showing declined, it's showing Oops, something went wrong please try again and the other error I get is Hmm, something looks wrong with those details. 

I've triple checked the details on both cards, checked the funds, been working with ANY other company and it's all fine. I spoke to the bank, they said Now TV haven't even attempted the 10p check to ensure it's active, they've said Now TV have declined it without even checking.

It's a UK card, registered to my address and has a security protocol on it. I've tried it on a PC, iPad, iPhone. Tried different browsers and apps and deleted all history, browsing and cookies.

I spoke to Now TV chat 2 weeks ago, sent screenshots and heard nothing back and just keep getting told it's being looked into and other people are having this issue.

Is anyone else having this problem? Has Now TV said anything else? This is getting very frustrating, I have vouchers given to me as a present and I'd like to use them at some point but can't because I can't register my cards. Really don't understand why not.

Any help much appreciated.

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I doubt i can be much help with this sorry being a customer like yourself (though i have never had any problems creating an account for myself and two other family members using MS Edge)

The only things i can add, is that if you are using a prepaid credit card the nowtv system can be a bit hit & miss with these types of cards from what i have read on the forum if you have sufficient funds on the card.

Double check that you are not re directed to the NowTV Republic Ireland website instead of their UK website though i would have thought when filling out the setup form it would mention Euros and NowTV ROI.

Also a bit of a long shot try your internet browser in either a Private Window or Incognito mode.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your reply

They are both pre-paid credit cards, as I don't like giving my normal details out on the internet but these have worked before on old accounts 2 years ago with no issues.

At the end of the day, I'm paying for digital content on a website, so I could slightly understand if they are reluctant to let me pay for things on a UK pre-paid card for a physical item. Saying that, I've been using it at Argos for the past 12 months without any issue.

Definitely not rooting to ROI, just seems an issue with pre-paid mastercards at the moment. Seems like Now TV don't enjoy getting paid.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you had an old nowtv account two years ago and it's still on their database ?

Then what happens if you update your Personal details with the new pre paid credit card ?

Or for whatever reason you want to create a new account ?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV will be trying to set up a Continuous Payment Authority on the card you provide details of.

If your bank declines to accept this, the transaction does not go through.

I am coming to the conclusion that some banks allow CPAs on prepaid cards, and some don’t, and that is why only some prepaid cards work with NowTV,

Ask your bank what their policy on CPAs on your cards is.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hi Guys

Just want to throw this into the mix, Now TV does not accept all payment methods but, as far as I'm aware, has never explicitly said so nor announced which cards they will decline. 

I'm guessing that this one one of their hidden policies that you never know about unless you fall foul of it.

UK Bob

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ukbobboy ,

The cards we accept are listed here. If it's not on the list then it's safe to assume we don't take it.

Thanks

Simon

RoyB
Legend

@Simon-J @ukbobboy @schnapps 

Here’s me getting my #### kicked for saying exactly that.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Devious/m-p/507632/highlight/true#M9975

Comments?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB @Anonymous User  @schnapps  @Simon-J 

Hi Roy

Yeah, that was a drubbing.

However, I do remember that Schnapps and I had a discussion with a lady that had her card rejected but I don't remember if it was a CC or debit.

Naw, I'm not gonna tax my poor brain any longer, I'm getting a beer out of the fridge.

beer.jpg

Cheers lads

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My internet has been cut of and it not let me contact any one