cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Increase Device Limit Please

Hello, please please please can you increase the device limit on Now TV. Not concerned about the number of streams. That's fine. It's the rediculous device limit. I've a family of 4 and we've a total of 12 devices that could play now TV.

My wife will start something in the office then want to migrate to her iphone. The kids will start in the lounge and want to move to a PS4. I'll start something in the gym then want to carry on in the bedroom.

In our choice of watching we are now starting to avoid Now TV simply because we can't migrate our viewing to how we wish to use it due to not being able to transition to other devices. I've got a TV in the kitchen that the kids wanted to watch NowTV on, but I can't because I have 4 devices we use already registered. Because of the device limit, we can't have NowTV in the kitchen, the kids bedroom or the conservatory. So the Kids go on You Tube, or Netflix instead. To be honest, they are already over it and building a relationship with those other brands. I still want to fight for NowTV...

So then, can we have a device limit increase, please?

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV's policy on device limits seems to be a money making exercise perhaps. Or is it that Sky is trying to resist the change to IP streaming over their Satellite services?

Whatever the motivation is, I do wish NowTV would resolve this strange way of treating their customer base.

I pay for a number of NowTV services - I have a laptop, a desktop, a tablet, a mobile phone and 2 SmartTVs. NowTV are dictating to me that I can only watch on 3 of these devices and if I want to change I have to wait until the following month when I've used up my "device changes limit".

This approach is annoying for your customers. Why not take the Neflix approach and restrict the number of concurrent devices that can stream at any one time while allowing an unlimited number of devices to register against an account? You'll still make your money this way and give your customers a better service. Like Netflix you could charge extra if you want to have more devices able to stream concurrently.

Please address this NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I pay for a number of NowTV services - I have a laptop, a desktop, a tablet, a mobile phone and 2 SmartTVs. NowTV are dictating to me that I can only watch on 3 of these devices and if I want to change I have to wait until the following month when I've used up my "device changes limit".

This approach is annoying for your customers. Why not take the Neflix approach and restrict the number of concurrent devices that can stream at any one time while allowing an unlimited number of devices to register against an account? You'll still make your money this way and give your customers a better service. Like Netflix you could charge extra if you want to have more devices able to stream concurrently.

Please address this NowTV.

Set up separate accounts for Sports, Mobile Sports, Entertainment and Cinema and get 7 streams (10 if you used Now TV boost).   I suspect the reason the number of devices is restricted to 6 per account is to stop account sharing which is rife on Netflix.  

I have three accounts. Sports with Boost on Now sticks, Cinema/Entertainment without Boost on Roku sticks, and mobile sports. I have up to 6 simultaneous streams and up to 18 devices with a lot of overlap.  I would rather not pay any extra to have 6 streams on one account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

well said I want to add one of my sisters and a nephew I pay a lot of money for now tv I added my dad as he paid sky a lot from 1992 and my older brother as he's helped me a lot and he paid a lot to sky also and I pay the top limit I should be able to add more than I'm able to

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to add one of my sisters and a nephew I pay a lot of money for now tv I added my dad as he paid sky a lot from 1992 and my older brother as he's helped me a lot.

This is funny :0)  Have you considered sharing the account with your neighbours?