cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Increase Device Limit Please

Hello, please please please can you increase the device limit on Now TV. Not concerned about the number of streams. That's fine. It's the rediculous device limit. I've a family of 4 and we've a total of 12 devices that could play now TV.

My wife will start something in the office then want to migrate to her iphone. The kids will start in the lounge and want to move to a PS4. I'll start something in the gym then want to carry on in the bedroom.

In our choice of watching we are now starting to avoid Now TV simply because we can't migrate our viewing to how we wish to use it due to not being able to transition to other devices. I've got a TV in the kitchen that the kids wanted to watch NowTV on, but I can't because I have 4 devices we use already registered. Because of the device limit, we can't have NowTV in the kitchen, the kids bedroom or the conservatory. So the Kids go on You Tube, or Netflix instead. To be honest, they are already over it and building a relationship with those other brands. I still want to fight for NowTV...

So then, can we have a device limit increase, please?

13 REPLIES 13
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User people have asked in past re device limit. Even if you were able to register on more devices you still have the watch limit.  One thing I would suggest is having an account per pass, if you have more than one, setting a payment pin for each.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your answer doens't really get to the nub of the problem.

I don't care about the stream limit. But the device limit effectively sterilises NowTV from certain areas of my house.

If NowTV are happy that people are actively driven away from their brand into other services then crack on with the device limit. The lasting view my kids have is that NowTV is rubbish because they can't watch it in certain areas they want to. That's what they tell their friends, that's what they tell their friends parents who may not have NowTV, that's what they will think when they eventually move out into a house of their own.

I don't want to have multiple accounts, payment pins and all that other rubbish. Single account. Two streams. As many devices as I want. Simple. It's easy to do as every single other streaming service operates like this.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

According to a survevy that was sent out it looks like 4 streams is being looked into. 

Can only assume that the device "limit" will be doubled as the streams are being doubled. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re increasing limit: Nope. Same as it ever was. Even the mechanism sucks... There's a one device per month additive limit, but you can remove as many devices as you like. It leaves open the possibility of having no devices available to watch the service you have paid for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When this rule come in? I’m now not able to add a device and watch it on my tv  till feb but the cinema pass runs out on 21 jan! Guess who won’t be renewing!

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I have to contact livechat everytime this happens to reset which is annoyong 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completely agree I shouldn’t have to pay for multiple accounts to watch on more than 4 devices completely fine with only two devices can stream at the same time but would just like to have it on all our TVs and phones tablets etc changing them about once a month is very inconvenient 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I shouldn’t have to pay for multiple accounts to watch on more than 4 devices completely fine with only two devices can stream at the same time

I have three accounts and it costs the same as having one account. If you have more than one pass have extra accounts and get additional devices.  Obviously if all you have is cinema, it could be an issue, but how often are three (or 4 with boost) watching at the same time.  Be glad you don’t have Sky Cinema/Sports with Virgin, you only get ONE single stream with them and that used to cost me a small fortune. £4/month for cinema & entertainment with Now and 4 streams is fabulous in comparison.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This limit really sucks, we are a family of 3 and choose nowtv a while back.

We have a 3 tv's with now tv boxes. 2x ps4, 3 laptops, 3 tablets and 3 smartphones and 2 computers.

They really  need to address this or even sell additional device allowance.