cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In program adverts, when did they start?

In program adverts?! When did they start? I thought I paid a subscription to avoid adverts? Really bad app experience on ROKU, pre program ads over and over, and now this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s been within the last month or so. More so with the changes to Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

We're gradually rolling out ads in on-demand shows and movies (they're already on live channels). If you haven't seen any yet, you're likely to come across them from July, unless you've already got Boost. 

Boost allows you to stream ad-free (excluding live channels and trailers promoting NOW content)

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Don't want adverts? Then get Boost. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Ad-free streaming: Cinema and Entertainment Members can watch on-demand shows and movies without ads

The fact of the matter is Comcast is a US company who owns Sky therefor NOW. All they are doing is pushing their business model onto the Sky owned markets it owns. 
No doubt it’ll be pushed into Germany, Austria and Italy. 

Either way I’m paying £9 a month for my membership which consists of Boost, Entertainment and Cinema. Still night and day cheaper than full blown Sky. Which I made the switch from to NOW around 8 years ago. 

Geluk
Expert 2

Seems to me that SKY have breached the contract we Entertainment Pass viewers had with them prior to recent COMCAST inspired changes ie no 3rd party ads.

And of course the loss of channels.

Neither we were warned in advance of impending downgrading of service.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Geluk I've never seen any mention in the Terms and Conditions regarding the omission or inclusion of adverts.

According to the Terms and Conditions, 30 days notice of changes. I received an email on 9th June which is more than 30 days.

The Terms also state that notice can be given electronically

we'll do so electronically, e.g. via email, via the NOW website, via a notification within the service or a notice 'pushed' to your device (or any other method we notify you of). Notifications will be deemed to have been delivered on the day they're sent, provided we haven't received a failed delivery notice (in which case we'll send a notice via the NOW website (which you should check regularly) and they'll be deemed sent the day after they appear on the NOW website). We'll send notices to you using the contact details you've given us, so please make sure you've provided us with accurate contact details, and keep us up to date if they change.

Now also reserve the right to change the service

We may vary, replace or withdraw any service, feature or functionality or channel or content provided as part of a service at any time. We provide the services on an ongoing basis and we cannot foresee what may change in the future. This means we may changes other than those set out in these Terms of Use.

It won't be practical for us to notify you in advance of all content changes and instead you should keep checking the NOW website for details of what's available.

We'll try to avoid making any significant changes to the services which are likely to be to your material disadvantage, but, if we do so, we'll aim to notify you in accordance with these Terms of Use.

Test the water and submit a complaint to OFCOM.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've now cancelled both my Entertainment and Movie subscriptions.

Gray1
Mentor

I wont be paying to watch adverts, my subs end in August and that will be the end, Adverts and having to pay for Boost....

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gray1 

By adverts are you meaning NOW promos or third party like Tesco? 

Geluk
Expert 2

Yes, anyone apart from SKY & NOW.

Lindzi
Elite 2

Just watching New Amsterdam on NOW via Amazon firestick and this is the first time I've had adverts DURING the programme......4 advert breaks in total. 

Nope nope nope not putting up with that, so it will all be cancelled, how cheeky to expect us to pay a subscription and then also force ads on us during the programme. I'm definitely not paying extra for boost as that is just another mickey take. 

I know this has been discussed a lot on here but I just needed a little rant about it as I can't quite believe that they think this is acceptable. 

RoyB
Legend

@Lindzi 

In cyberspace, no-one can hear you scream…..

Now comes out of Sky, and Sky do this and get away with it, so it’s in their culture….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Geluk
Expert 2

I gave up on watching New Amsterdam last night, as Max had decided the hospital was apparently terribly racist, though over half the characters are BAME.

He had BLM slogans laid on the floors, and had all the photos of the WHITE founders & contributors photos trashed. Sick of this. 😞