cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Impossible to cancel

Hi, 

I have been trying to cancel my membership for months as it takes money out of my account every month however when I come onto the website to cancel it says I don't have a membership, so it is physically impossible for me to cancel an account that isn't even there. 

So I want this cancelled NOW and I want a refund of all the months you have taken my money without me watching anything. 

Awful service!!

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is it possible you have a second NOW account ?

Or perhaps you have been billed by a third party such has iTunes, BT TV or Amazon ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

No it is the only account I have ever made and the payment comes directly from Nowtv

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Where did you take up the membership originally? 

Was it through the app, through the website? Via BT, Amazon, iTunes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I did it through the website 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What are you getting charged?

To follow-up from @schnapps use this link to see if you actually do have another account with the same payment details. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

Anonymous User
Not applicable

£9:99 a month

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you use the link I provided to determine if you do have another account?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Yes I did, i don't have another account 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ask your bank to put a stop on the CPA (Continuous Payment Authority) under which this money is going out to Now.

They can do this, and they must do this if you ask them to; don’t let them tell you otherwise.

But also, get in touch with Now Live Chat, explain what you have done and why, and be ready to quote to them the code that appears on your bank statement against the latest Now payment there.

Now have implemented this code for just this purpose, so they can trace back what account they are charging for, so they should be able to tell you if it is your one account gone wrong, or another one set up in your name (whether by you or someone else, though I don’t think they could tell you which, or who).

And then you can get it cancelled at the Now end - which is still important even if you have cancelled at the bank end, as that just stops the money going out, and only Now can stop the indebtedness.

Here’s where you can contact Live Chat:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.