cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB
Legend

I would like to set my usual avatar, but I can’t find out how to do it

I have successfully set a new avatar from the available selection, but I would prefer to set my usual personal avatar.

The Help tells me  I can use an image from my Image Gallery, as long as it has been approved, but gives no further details. And despite further researches:-

I have no idea what or where my Image Gallery might be;

nor how to add an image to it;

nor how to get it approved once I have added it.

This seems a considerable omission from the Help; but at least if some kind soul can answer here then:-

(a) I will be able to achieve my aim

and

(b) the answer should then be searchable on the forum for any future users with the same problem.

All help gratefully received!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB Your image gallery is wherever photos/pictures are stored on your pc/tablet/phone etc. I seem to recall that I couldn’t upload my own avatar until I’d reached a certain ranking - contributor 5 comes to mind, but I probably mis-remembered that. As to getting it approved, if you manage to upload your own image, then someone from NowTV will, in all probability, look at it and allow it if meets the standards (decency, non-political, etc). My selfie obviously meets the standards, even though it clearly isn’t a picture of me!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB Your image gallery is wherever photos/pictures are stored on your pc/tablet/phone etc. I seem to recall that I couldn’t upload my own avatar until I’d reached a certain ranking - contributor 5 comes to mind, but I probably mis-remembered that. As to getting it approved, if you manage to upload your own image, then someone from NowTV will, in all probability, look at it and allow it if meets the standards (decency, non-political, etc). My selfie obviously meets the standards, even though it clearly isn’t a picture of me!

RoyB
Legend

Thanks Mark

As a lowly contributor 4 I may have a rank to go yet, though the Help did not specify an entry level.

Here are two candidates; the second is my usual avatar, but a cropped version of the first one does duty in a couple of forums.

Perhaps the powers that be can kindly pronounce.....

649DF1F8-706B-48E9-847A-67CFA12DC0F9.jpegCF51601C-5BBD-4EFF-9A70-D5648DC8DD5B.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Well, as a Regular 1, I revisited this issue, and got a whole different dialogue, and was able to set my desired avatar.

So it looks like Contributor 4s indeed can’t do this - maybe it kicks in at a higher Contributor level, like you said, but I didn’t get to try it at this level.

It would be useful if NowTV clarified this in their instructions, though.

So I’ve now Accepted your solution.

It would also be useful to know about this steady elevation of my status that is going on - there is plenty of detail about the Boy Scout badges that I am amassing, and what is needed to make these kick in, but I can find nothing about what got me to Contributor 3, and on to Regular 1, and what dizzy heights might still await me....

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

I don't think i have ever seen anything officially from NowTV when it comes to the forum ranking status and what requirements you need to move up the forum status ladder.

I believe from my time and experience spent on the forum it is combination of number of posts accumulated, kudos received & given together with solutions accepted and general time helping others on the Community.

The ranking status names should look and follow this :-

First Poster

Occasional Poster 

Contributor 1-5 

Regular 1-5

Helper 1-5  

Advocate 1-5   

Scholar 1-5  

Mentor 1-5  

Expert 1-5 

Elite 1-5

Champion 1-5

Legend 1-5

RoyB
Legend

I’ve found this post about what you can do, and get, at what levels, and personal Avatar and Sig are available at Regular 1 level, and not below.

But still nothing official (yet?) about how you progress through the levels, and what they are.

Badges are clearer; I have a hankering for On The Ball next Smiley Tongue