cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like a refund for being misled on how to cancel when first signing up for a free trail

I believe I was misled when I first signed up fora free trial I was not informed I would have to cancel 3 times each individual item.  Hence I have been charged since May 2022 without even knowing it ? believing my account had been cancelled because I received a confirmation email?  Only to have to debate with a bot who now tells me I was supposed to cancel each item individually?

this is not right I need my refund I’m not in work just now and I have been misled.

how can I get my refund?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s not misleading because it is advertised as 3 separate memberships as part of the offer. 
For ALL of your memberships you needed to cancel the 3 and receive 3 cancellation emails.

https://www.nowtv.com/offers
ENTERTAINMENT & CINEMA + BOOST FREE TRIAL

9C80FBE1-D65B-4802-864B-07E73240609F.png

When you say bot, did you click “get help quicker” and go through a selection of questions?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for trying to help but that’s not quite accurate. I signed up for a free trial and did not choose 3 separate products/subscriptions just the cinema option and so the other two were added on without my knowledge of what they were. And either way they were promoted as free at the time but at no stage when I was subscribing or cancelling my subscription were there any prompts to inform me that I had another two live subscriptions and that I would need to cancel all of them in order to end my subscription completely so I had no idea they were even there. Hence when I cancelled and received the email confirmation I believed my subscription was over with.

I only found out that I was still being charged for the last 4 months by chance when I logged into my pay pal account and noticed payments were still being taken.

so in fact it was very misleading.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you took the free trial out on the offers page then this automatically will take out the 3 memberships. It does clearly state cinema, entertainment and boost on the offer.

To save us going round in circles your best to go onto live chat and speaking with staff to get any account issues sorted. Make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help