cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was charged £5 with out me been aware

Spoiler
Hi there a created a now account a month ago I entered my card details. And paid for a film, I never paid for any membership and now I have been charged and is still pending on top of my account. I want the money back what should I do? Thanks 
2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

With NOW you don’t pay for a film. To watch a film on NOW you either get the cinema membership or entertainment membership for Peacock movies. 
The additional £5 sounds like Boost. 

To prevent any new memberships without your say so you should put a payment PIN on your account.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

For any chance of refunds you have to contact NOW directly, on a customer to customer forum you won’t get anywhere. Speak with staff by clicking “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

To add to what @gavs82008 says above, you don’t pay for a film as a one-off, you start a Cinema membership, and this renews from month to month if you don’t Cancel it under My Account/Memberships.

So better go there quickly and do that, before you get charged for a new month of Cinema as well.

You can, sort of, use Now just to watch one film; you start a Cinema Membership, with which you get a free one-week trial, perhaps, and if you Cancel that straight away, you still get the week in which to watch your chosen film, and indeed any others that you want to.

A very inexpensive offer.

Or,  if you start the Cinema Membership and don’t get the free one-week trial, then you get charged straight away for a month. And if you Cancel that straight away, you still get the month in which to watch your chosen film, and indeed any others that you want to.

A more expensive offer, perhaps if you only watch the one film, compared with renting or buying it from another streaming service, but still a bargain if you watch several films in the month on Now’s better-than-renting-but-never-buying basis.

But you do start an ongoing month by month subscription

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.