cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to Delete Account and Remove all details

Hi Now TV,

I've seen all I want on your platform and have already cancelled my pass.

I now wish to delete all my account details, including all personal and payment info.

Please advise

Regards

AL

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Try this:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Leaving/m-p/497911/highlight/true#M14310

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Thanks for that. I had seen your post while browsing for ideas earlier and I will try the telephone "dead end" route if all else fails, although I have made some progres with Live Chat.

Just finished a Chat session and after being very very persistent 😤, my card details have been removed from the account and I'm off their marketing info mailing list. But name, address and email are to be retained for 7 years for "fraud prevention" purposes, it seems! As it happens, email is not an issue - I use Yahoo disposable addresses for just this type of situation and I can delete the NOWTV address any time I like without affecting anything else 🤣

When I mentioned the ICO & GDPR the agent quickly referred the case to their complaints team and I am promised a reply within 7 days. We shall see what happens.

I also asked for phone & postal address details for NOW but was told they are online only !!! Pretty good at stonewalling. Once bitten, twice shy with NOWTV and Sky, I think. 🙄

Anyway - partial success so far and I will post again when (or if) anything new occurs.