cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phoenixburst

I've been charged £1 for the deal, but I can't watch movies.

Basically the title. I got an email offering the movies for £1 for two months, I've paid it but I can't watch the movies, it tells me to subscribe. 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Phoenixburst 

Go to the account section of the app. Does this show the same log in details you signed up with?

When you launch the app for the first time annoyingly there is no log in screen and you need to hunt for it under the settings section. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Phoenixburst
Yes it's definitely the right log in details, I signed out and signed in
again but it still says I haven't got a membership. The money has gone out
of my bank, it's quite frustrating.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Phoenixburst 

What playback devices have you tried ?

Is the Cinema Membership definitely showing active on your NOW online account under My Memberships ?

I am assuming you are not using a VPN or currently abroad at the moment ?

Sometimes a fresh NOW App and a full power down of your device for a minute or two and then after switching the power back on your playback device and log back on the NOW App with the correct login credentials clears this message.

Also if you have mobile internet data try your smartphone with it instead of your home Router to see if your NOW Cinema Membership plays without asking to buy a Cinema Membership.

Phoenixburst
I've tried my xbox, the app on my phone and the website itself. I've signed
in and out on each and all state that I don't have a membership
unfortunately.
I don't use a vpn, I'm in the UK so I don't understand.
Is there a way to contact now TV to get a refund? I know it's only a pound
but its the principle.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Phoenixburst 

Do you have mobile internet data to try bypassing your Router just in case it's IP address is coming up unknown or outside the UK ?

You could try something like this website link below to see If the IP address on your Router is reporting back a location in the UK.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ 

If it's not then power down your Router for around 20 minutes to automatically acquire a new Router IP.

If still no luck get in touch with NOW live chat by clicking on the green chat online button towards the top of this screen page link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint