Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Expert 2

Re: I'm being ripped off

@ClockEnd

Hi CE

I thank you for your advice but because of my paranoia, I've put several things in place:

1) Pinned my account immediately, I see this as an essential way and first line of defence against unauthorised usage of your Now TV account and your payment details.

2) I used to use the occasional voucher but thanks to @Schnapps, a senior forum member, I now use the "voucher usage method" he developed (see below). 

3) A few senior members look out for cheap box and voucher deals, i.e. buying NowTV boxes with free vouchers, which can work out cheaper than buying vouchers on their own.

I intend to use this method to save money also.

4) If other forum members find or develop a new way to save money and share that method with the wider membership then I shall be incorporating that as well.

Here's @Schnapps voucher usage method

The Best Way To Use Now TV Vouchers

All you need to do is buy your voucher pass (from either Currys, Amazon, Game, Argos, ShopTo, etc.) and apply the voucher code to your existing NowTV account under My Passes where you will see an option to "Apply Voucher".

Then all you need to do within the final 30 calendar days before the voucher expires (if you want to continue with the voucher method) is to add a new voucher pass.

If you keep following this method then no money will be taken from your bank or credit card, I have been using this method for over 18 months to keep the costs down and touch wood and, as of yet, I have had no money taken from my bank card by NowTV.

The only thing to bear in mind is that you must apply the new voucher code before the existing code expires (within the last 30 days) or NowTV will automatically take a payment from your bank card.

Also if you decide to leave the NowTV service (either short term or long term) make sure that you cancel your passes (don't worry if you cancel early you will still get the full duration of the voucher passes that you have applied) or again NowTV will automatically renew taking monthly subscription costs from your bank card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Bob

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

3) A few senior members look out for cheap box and voucher deals, i.e. buying NowTV boxes with free vouchers, which can work out cheaper than buying vouchers on their own. 

Indeed, I've been doing this since the end of 2013 (way before schnapps became a registered subscriber) 😉

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

ClockEnd
Advocate 1

@ukbobboy wrote:

4) If other forum members find or develop a new way to save money and share that method with the wider membership then I shall be incorporating that as well.

@ukbobboy

To contradict the whole voucher approach somewhat, what I do is when it hits the last 30 days is cancel to go through the cancellation process and see if Now TV make me an offer I can't refuse like 3 months for the price of 1.  Unfortunately the last time I did this I has a 4 month cinema pass which was about to expire so I couldn't take up the offer.

Sometimes when you cancel, Now will send you an email a few weeks later to get you back with an offer you can't refuse.  

I tend to just have Entertainment or Movies rather than both.  So I will binge watch series like Game of Thrones or Walking Dead and watch no movies, but when there are no decent TV series, watch movies galore.  Taking 3 or 4 months out of movies tends to give me a pile of movies to watch

And there are sports passes that are handed out.  The last one I got was a weekly pass just for downloading the 11versus11 app.  Which I have to apply by the end of January, so the free day pass I got for the golf this summer will be activated on Sunday 22 January for a self indulgent day with 3 premier league games.  Just gotta figure a way to have Mrs. ClockEnd out of the house and not spend all the money I would have saved Smiley Sad

ClockEnd
Advocate 1

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@ukbobboy wrote:

Indeed, I've been doing this since the end of 2013 (way before schnapps became a registered subscriber) 😉

Ditto, and I have about twenty white and black boxes now.  

0 Thanks
Highlighted
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi SMD

But you got to admit, his voucher usage method is very good, almost brilliant Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ClockEnd

The cancel method is what i have done since day one. The most i have ever paid for Ent pass is £3.50 or £4.49 for the movies. Maybe ive been lucky with the offers but i think the key is to cancel just before the expiry 🙂

0 Thanks
ClockEnd
Advocate 1

@Raevelyn wrote:

@ClockEnd

The cancel method is what i have done since day one. I most i have ever paid Ent pass is £3.50 or £4.49 for the movies. Maybe ive been lucky with the offers but i think the key is to cancel just before the expiry 🙂

@Anonymous User I never let any pass automatically renew and always get an incentive to stay.  Then it's just a case of whether is best to use the voucher or take the deal.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

But you got to admit, his voucher usage method is very good, almost brilliant Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Hmmm... It's hardly 'his' voucher usage method... 

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ClockEndYep defiantly 🙂

I'm with Sky for my internet, which of course is contract but each year at the end of my contract i log into my account on the Sky website and press the cancel button then an i get an offer to stay for another year at half price, if not less. This is why i have no interest in the combo package, it would cost me so much more.

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi again SMD

Well, it's debatable who was first but @Schnapps did articulate and share his findings with this forum.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Makes him first in my book.

UK Bob

0 Thanks