cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just want to cancel my account.

I recently sold my old now tv box at a car boot. However someone has now started a free month entertainment trial, not me. I now just want to cancel my whole account. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds to me that when you sold the NowTV Box at the Car Boot Sale you didn't factory reset the box to remove all your sensitive account details, hence the reason the person who bought the box is using your account where it looks like that they have bought a pass on it.

I would suggest speaking to live chat on what course of action needs to be done to rectify this.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds to me that when you sold the NowTV Box at the Car Boot Sale you didn't factory reset the box to remove all your sensitive account details, hence the reason the person who bought the box is using your account where it looks like that they have bought a pass on it.

I would suggest speaking to live chat on what course of action needs to be done to rectify this.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but the live chat hasn't been working at all.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try a different internet browser with the ad blocker disabled or use your browser either in a Private Window or in Incognito mode from my link above.

MS Edge works for me accessing live chat, otherwise drop them a message from the same link.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how can I cancel

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do I do that

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

To erase yourself completely, try the advice here:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Leaving/m-p/497911/highlight/true#M14310

Nobody has come back lately and said it didn’t work for them, anyway. But if the person who answers says it’s for Sky only, refer them to the link, remind them of their GDPR obligations, and politely but firmly insist.

So please ‘Accept Answer’ now, if you are so inclined, as you won’t be able to come back and do it later Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spent about two hours trying to cancel the subscription following the 'easy' procedure explained in the menu. There is no cancel button referred to - lots of options to extend services and get free trials. Called the number 03300412460 and patiently explained the problem . The woman hung up on me. Finally I contacted my bank and canceled my card - a nuisance as that cancels all card payments including the subs I want continue and I shall have to set these up again. However it is the only way to get out of the contract. It verges on dishonesty how they try to keep you as a prisoner- but if you are fed up with them please don't let them get away with it- its theft!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have cancelled my passes a few times and seem to still be getting charged for the passes! Please could someone cancel my account! I now longer need or want now tv after this 🤬🤬

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User it's only other customers here so if you want your accounts completely deactivated you'll need to email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces).