cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have got an email that I bought a pass but I haven't ordered it

Today I got this email saying I have purchased a Sky Sports weekly pass and something called a boost, i don't even know what that is.

I have had a Now TV contract last year and used the kids pass this year but I have not ordered this pass and can't seem to find an option to cancel it .. 

What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update:

I messaged NOWTV through the "Complaints" option on the "how to contact" page. I got a reply saying that the pass is being cancelled and the money refunded. However, the email implied that I might have done it by mistake which I haven't I am 100% sure of it, we were mostly on the road travelling at the time of the purchase. If the account was hacked, quite unlikely, but not impossible then why would the hacker buy the pass for me? 

I will be quite interested in knowing if anyone else has been through a similar situation? 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Something you may not know, if Now TV perceives that you have not used an Entertainment or Cinema pass for a long time they will "help you out" (sarcastically said) by applying passes on your behalf.

However, they do let you know by sending you an email but if you miss this notification you will find yourself paying for a subscription or two.

Finally, don't worry just be vigilant.

UK Bob 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting. Firstly happy to hear you were refunded for the pass. Without looking into your account I can't say for sure what has happened, but it is unlikely that it's been hacked. I'd like to make a few recommendations to help put you at ease.

Firstly, you can check the registered devices by signing into your account on a web browser and going to My Account > Manage my account > My Passes & Devices > Devices.  If there's any new devices you don't recognize there change your password and choose "log out of all devices" when you change it.

Secondly, put a payment PIN on the account. Go to My account > Settings > Payment PIN that means if ever someone tried to add a new pass they'd need to enter the PIN first.

We understand security is important to you and it is to us - please reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks

Simon

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ukbobboy 

We occasionally offer free Passes to our valued customers for a number of reasons. If a Pass is pre-loaded by us, auto renew is switched off so that a customer doesn’t get charged after the offer expires. 

The email that's sent email would not be a standard "new pass" email it would explain the offer. It sounds like this was just an email stating a new pass had been started.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Simon,

I did check the devices and there was no new devices and all last login dates were what I would expect and since this was not a free pass offer my concern still is that how did the pass get active, I don't believe my account was hacked, the only logical conclusion appears that NOWTV was being naughty.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

As you have a Kid’s Pass, I assume you have children?

Without a Payment PIN set, it is quite easy, perhaps too easy, for a child to turn on a new sort of pass, just by picking a programme on a pass you haven’t got and saying Yes until they can watch it, and not realise what they have done, in terms of costing you money.

Could this be an explanation?

Certainly though, set the Payment PIN as @Simon-J suggests, as soon as possible, which will protect you, for the future, from this and other possibilities as to how these passes got started. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.