cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LauraC
Advocate

I have been charged 3 times in May: 9.99 + 9.99 + 6.00 pounds

I have been charged 3 times in May: 9.99 + 9.99 + 6.00 pounds.

How can I have a refund?

Thanks for the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@LauraC 

That would be Entertainment plus Cinema plus Boost.

Is that what you signed up for, wittingly or unwittingly?

If unwittingly, talk to Live Chat, before midnight tonight or after 8am tomorrow, and get them to sort this out.

You can contact Now via Live Chat From this link:-

Chat online

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but as you need to talk to Live Chat, you have already gone beyond that, and all the Nowbot can bring you is frustration.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@LauraC 

That would be Entertainment plus Cinema plus Boost.

Is that what you signed up for, wittingly or unwittingly?

If unwittingly, talk to Live Chat, before midnight tonight or after 8am tomorrow, and get them to sort this out.

You can contact Now via Live Chat From this link:-

Chat online

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but as you need to talk to Live Chat, you have already gone beyond that, and all the Nowbot can bring you is frustration.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
LauraC
Advocate

Many thanks, RoyB.

I signed Cinema and Boost unwittingly. The way Now shows these combined offers it is a bit tricky and not very clear.

I contacted them on the Live Chat. Now offered me a credit, but I was not interested in it. So they refunded me.

Best.

RoyB
Legend

@LauraC 

Good for you!

There’s a thread discussing this in more detail, but it has rather blown up 😢

But having seen the offer, it’s accurately described, but as you say, a bit tricky and not very clear.

I think you are the third person to come on the Community having been wrong-footed by the offer, so heaven knows how many people are still paying it.

In fairness to Now, they are quick to refund in cases like yours where people have been caught out, but it would be better if their offers were more clearly set out, so the issues never arise.

LauraC
Advocate
The offer is actually misleading, Now should stop doing this. It should be
illegal.
When I complained, Now only offered me a credit, not a refund. I had to say
I did not want the credit and requested a refund instead. Yes, they
were quick to refund.
Probably Now is making a lot of money out of this "mistake".