cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled my free trial after 3 days yet I have been charged 7.99

I signed up using a free trial and I cancelled this after 3 days. ( I have email confirmation that this was cancelled) why have I been charged 7.99 today. 

Help appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem on my account it shows no passes!any help would be greatly appreciated 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

On the Community, we fellow customers can offer you lots of advice on using NowTV, but there’s not a lot we can do about Billing queries, refunds for failed Cancellations (except offer the advice at bottom on how to avoid these, for those customers for which it’s not already too late), and other areas where only NowTV themselves can help.

There is actually an enormous wealth of information provided by NowTV if you choose the Help option, and the idea is that you work through that, and if it still doesn’t resolve your query (as it usually won’t where money is involved), then you get the option to contact NowTV directly, either by Live Chat or Email, and even - though for Broadband only - by telephone.

However, this process seems to fail for a lot of people - I’m not sure where or why - but we do get the regular complaint on the Community that people can’t find these ‘Get in Touch’ options. And we also get the situation where people hope that posting on the Community about Billing issues means their post will be read by NowTV employees who will start the remediation process with them. But this is rare, and not something you should rely on.

If you have not gone through the Help, then I recommend that you go back and try it.

But if you have gone through it, and got nowhere, here are some useful links:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Complaint webform for Broadband Issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/bb-calls

Good luck!

(How to hopefully avoid a failed Cancellation, if you are thinking of this)

One constant complaint we see is about failed Cancellations; for anyone who hasn’t actually has one of these, but is reading this and thinking of Cancelling, be aware that the NowTV process for this can be misleading and catch you out, as you need to press about four Cancel buttons, at least one of which may be off the bottom of your screen with no scroll bars to indicate there is anything down there. And you haven’t actually Cancelled until you have received an email confirming that you have Cancelled, something NowTV don’t seem to make clear there.

I don’t know why NowTV do it like this; they do themselves no favours in the PR stakes, they don’t make any money this way as they will always give it back for the genuine customer Cancellation fails they cause this way, and it is just extra admin for them.

I do understand why NowTV want to hang on to customers; but all the buttons you need to press ought to be on the screen you can see without scrolling, on any device, and there ought to be a clear ‘n Steps To Go’ message at all times, counting down to a clear final ‘You Have Successfully Cancelled’ Message if/when you have.

(Though what do I know? I’ve only been designing user-facing UIs since 1969)Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.