cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled my broadband but still being charged

I don’t know if this will make sense but I switched to BT from NowTV back in July, I within my 14 day cooling off period where I could cancel without charge. 
BT did a hand over from NowTV & im now paying £18 a month on BT. But here’s the thing, I’m getting £20 a month come out for now TV wifi. 
i don’t have wifi from here anymore. And they shouldn’t be charging me. 
I’ve emailed, tried calling everything and I’ve had no answer. 
mom on benefits and cannot afford my currently wifi and the wifi I cancelled within the 14 days cooking off period to come out my bank. 

how do I fix this? ( no I haven’t got any subscription or memberships on here I just have a account ) 

someone please tell me. 

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are either the number your calling?

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/cancelling-my-service

Thinking of cancelling? NOW Broadband Members can call 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412473

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1
  • Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is about a wifi contract I cancelled before 14 days. This has nothing to do with my phone. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

@gavs82008  meant to reply to @Anonymous User, who is rather hijacking your thread to talk about something else 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Haha yes you’re spot on. The tagging system isn’t very user friendly when replying to the latest post! 
Sorry about that @Anonymous User  my post was indeed directed to @Anonymous User 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If - and only if - you can’t settle this with Now, and you are certain you are within your rights, you can ask your bank to cancel the recurring payment, which they can and must do.

But it will be much better to resolve this with Now, as if indeed they have made a mistake, then you should be refunded the £20 payments since July that are found to be in error,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please stop taking money out my account I cancelled my account in July and uou are still taking money out 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You cancelled what? 
This thread is for broadband. If it was broadband did you call the number in my post?

Nothing account related gets resolved on the forum as staff seldom post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV £9.99 I cancelled it all in July TV and broadband but for some reason they have stopped the broadband payments but not the TV 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ok TV what, NOW provide two memberships that are £9.99. 
Is it entertainment or cinema? 

Unless you take out broadband with a discounted rate on a membership you have to cancel it separately. Did you receive an email confirmation for the cancellation of the TV membership?