cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am made to pay for passes I never ordered!

Hi,

I received an email yesterday morning telling me that i have ordered a Sky Sports Day Pass and a NOW TV Boost, totalling £12.99 (I guess and ongoing monthly charge), but I have never ordered these.

I van see them in my accounts details, and have managed to cancel them, byt the looks of it.

This is the second time this happened and I find it incredible that this should happen at all? Does Now TV employ some staff to secretly subscribe members hoping that at least a percentage of them does not pick up on these and won't complain? Far fetched and hopefully not true, but certainly looks like it - who else might have 'ordered' these services in my name on my account?

I want my money back as soon as possible on this matter and a confirmation that this will not happen again from Now TV.

Has this happened to anyone on here as well? How was it resolved?

Many thaks,

NikCr

PS: I have screenshots also, how do I add them here.

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, Now tv are thieves, took money from me, you can't contact them because the LOW LIVES afre using Corona Virus as an excuse to pretend no one can take an online quiry. They take your money then they will say you shjould have tried to contact them..... YES NOW TV I'M ONTO YOU.  THIEVES

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i actually was able to clear the matter to some degree. even though the support person still 'accused' me of the order having been made from my side, and that 'now tv has no way of adding orders to an account' he never-the-less told me that they would refund the money and cancel the order as I responded within 24hrs.

i will still raise the matter with WHICH? and publicise this on their respective Facebook group as this is not the only time this happened to me (first time I let it slide as we had other people (mother in law) staying in the house for a long time and they could conceivable have mistakenly made the order, but i have since heard from friends that this also happened to them, and they were also told it must have been THEM.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Do you have a payment PIN on your account?

if not, put one on to stop this happening in the future.

https://account.nowtv.com/settings

you can add screenshots using the little camera above the message body and below the subject when you edit.

DA2AC4ED-97C0-4AA5-8EA8-D702DE5491BF.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i was advised to set a pin up and change my password and have done both now. thank you.

i will keep the camera icon in mind to add screenshots when necessary in the future.

thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @SweetBlitz @Anonymous User 

It is also entirely possible that there is another account with the same payment details. 

Use this link to determine if there is 1 or more accounts. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

Then most definitely get back to Live chat and raise the question. 

Another quick route is to fill this form out when you've checked for "duplicate" accounts. 

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/incorrect-charge

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

From Original Post : I van see them in my accounts details, and have managed to cancel them

@gavs82008  in this case the passes were on the account.  Just a question of who ordered them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

no duplicate accounts.

And yes, the question remains who ordered them. I know 100% for sure that no-one from my household, or who has access to the account has made this purchase. It is for Now TV to make sure the accounts are safe and there are now software glitches that cause these issues.

I will have to take my business elsewhere if this happens again because I do not see why I have to stand accused by customer service on chat that I made purchases I have not made only because their system has 'created' them somehow. This was not the first either.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

It is for Now TV to make sure the accounts are safe

It is up to you to make your account safe.  Now TV do provide the purchase PIN (Unlike Netflix) to help make your account safe.  Also if you use Revolut/Monzo/Starling as a payment card it helps prevents this happening if you keep a low balance on the card.  Anyone who provides credit/debit card details to ANY store is at risk of having money unexpectedly taken from their account at any time.  I only ever give details of my Revolut card and only move enough money to pay next bill.  

No one has ever made unexpected purchases on my account. Yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am sorry, I do not know who you are in respect of Now TV, if you work for them or not, but if I am the customer of a company these days I expect more security from them than what you suggest. I mean how would this even work. I have only 3 devices connected so how would a third party even benefit from me having more packages?

The only other option is that they hacked into Now TV and got the payment details from them, but this is a serious issue that I expect Now TV to report publicly so steps can be taken openly and publicly.