cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to cancel at the correct time if no season extension

NowTV have written to me advising that my season-ticket pass might be extended. But I don't want my pass to go to auto-renew - I want to cancel when I know the season-pass is not going to be extended.

If there was no covid lockdown, it would be about now that I would cancel my pass to be sure that it didn't auto-renew

How do I know when to do this, in the current circumstances?

NowTV have not stated in their last communication exactly whether or not there will be an extension, only that they might.  So how long do I leave it before cancelling?  

They have stated: "Unless we get in touch again with further extensions, your Pass will auto-renew unless cancelled."

This is very open-ended and unfair, I think they should be providing a warning before it auto-renews but last season they didn;t do that and I ended paying a months subscription that I didn;t ask for or want 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would cancel the pass immediately as no one knows when the football will resume and then just take out a new pass when it resumes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey I've just realised that I can actually see when my current pass expires - 3 jun 2020.

I had to click the little down arrow icon in my pass which gives the date of the expiry

So I will cancel a bit closer to that date if it hasn;t been extended.

But thanks for the help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there 

my season pass expired yesterday, 3rd of June, and I cancelled the auto renewal yesterday because I didn’t want to pay £33.99 per month. I then got an email today saying that my season pass had been extended, and that it would work as long as I hadn’t cancelled my sports pass. I went back into sports passes and reactivated/purchased a pass but it looks like it is going to charge me £33.99. Anyone know whether I won’t actually be charged due to me being given a season pass extension?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@Anonymous User From what you have written I suspect you will be charged if you reactivate...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts. It’s really unclear about how this free extension should work for people in my situation......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi there - I've realised how to tell what situation your subscription is in. At least I think I have

If you go to the payments section of your account at https://account.nowtv.com/payments, you can see your current and future payment status. 

With mine, it shows my last payment for June was 0.00 and that's because they extended it during may. But I can see in the section called Future Payments, that my next payment will also be 0.00, on July 3rd.  I've just had an email confirming it.  It's the same style email that many people probably had which contains the frustrating ambiguity that if you don't hear from them again, your subscription will auto-extend at 33.99 a month.

So the way I see it, the football is now due to finish on July, so in July, assuming there isn't another lockdown, I will cancel the subscription the minute the season ends but I will keep monitoring the payments page to monitor the next payment will be - if it's 0.00, then I don't need to cancel.

I hope this helps !!