cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How much am I going to be charged for calling an 0344 number?

How much am I going to be charged for calling an 0344 number? Why have NOW made it so hard to find call cost information? This information should be readily available

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is some information, just takes a bit of digging around. My understanding is 0344 is a new "landline" type number, so should be free like 0800?

Have a nosy at these links. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-much-do-calls-cost

http://web.static.nowtv.com/images/docs/now-calls-tariff-guide-jan-21-updated.pdf

https://www.nowtv.com/calls

One the first link, if you want a peace of mind.

Any questions? Just give us a call on 03303 323 050.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 Been there. Have a look... Nothing about 0344 numbers

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Then you are best to call the broadband and calls team.

Any questions? Just give us a call on 03303 323 050.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008  Why is it not there? Why should customers have to waste time the calling NOW to find out basic call costs? It should be written in the very place you have directed me to. What would be the reason for with holding call costs? 

I'm going to downgrade my TV package today. I can't even watch the terrestrial channels on Now TV anymore and they don't give me any help by phone. If they only want to be an internet provider then so be it. Netflix and Amazon are way better for TV anyway.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It's best to lodge a complaint about the "lack" of information about certain numbers. For myself I cannot comment as I am with BT and don't even have my landline plugged in. All calls are from my mobile. 

As for the "terrestrial", only 1 device produced by NOW ever provided you with the Freeview channels because it was the ONLY device that had an arieal connection. If you want to watch BBC, Channel 4, ITV or Channel 5. Then you have to use the dedicated apps by the respected channels.

Since the NOW Stick, the company has stopped creating devices at all and even the NOW stick doesn't have an areial connection for the "terrestrial" setup you speak of. 

In relation to customer service NOW has

1. Live chat which is for TV memberships only
  2. Email which can be used for both broadband and TV memberships
  3.  Call centre for Broadband and calls only
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 I am using the pre installed app on the LG TV.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ok, so can I ask, where are you getting the idea that NOW provided "terrestrial" TV?

Since my 6+ years of being a TV customer with NOW, at most they have provided ITVbe on demand. Which got removed a while ago. 

The channels that are avalaible on NOW is widely known and easily find doing a bit of research. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership

You get these live channels: Sky 1, Sky Witness, Sky Atlantic, Sky Comedy, Sky Documentaries, Sky History, Sky Nature, Gold, Sky Crime, Comedy Central, Sky Arts, Fox, MTV, Nat Geo, Discovery Channel and SyFy

Plus, you get box sets for shows from all of these channels, as well as VICEChallenge and Pick.

It's simple, if you want to watch Freeview then use the Freeview apps. If you want access to the "premium channels mentioned in the link, then subscribe to the Entertainment membership. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008  Using the Roku NOW TV box I was able to pause terrestrial TV. Now that I've bought an LG TV with NOW app installed it is no longer possible to pause terrestrial TV. 

So can you explain to me how I was able to pause terrestrial TV with the Roku box but not with the pre-installed NOW app on my LG TV.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What you have to bare in mind is that NOW only provides channels that I have indicated up thread.

Pausing Live TV was not just on the Freeview channels, it was across all Live channels that were being streamed on the box. 

Even on the NOW app across ALL other devices you don't get the option to "Pause" Live channels from NOW it only has ever been devices from NOW.

If you want the Live Pause across the "freeview" channels, then you will need to tune your TV in and purchase a USB stick which will act as a hard drive where you can record Live TV. 

Live Pause is an option on ALL channels on the BBC iPlayer. But I think its the only app that offers that function.