Not applicable

How do u get to speak to someone from now tv

I like to speak to someone from now tv

106 REPLIES 106
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ooh, shouting!

I don’t doubt that it doesn’t work for you; but you were just doing the opposite of what you were accusing me of, namely applying your negative personal experience, and dismissing other people’s’ positive experience.

However, now you have mentioned a specific difficulty, rather than just fulminating, I may be able to help you, since if you get as far as pressing a button for Live Chat, and nothing happens, then you are probably using a browser that has been armoured up in one or more ways. Accordingly:-

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You are at it again. Just because you had a positive experience nothing can
possibly go wrong and blame everybody else.

Don't start waffling about browsers etc. NO I am not using out of date
un-updated etc unset settings browsers. IF you knew how they operate it is
based on an html etc code activating a call to another location. IF that
doesn't work it is a problem with the code or the destination it is trying
to link to.

Constructive help is welcome but misleading and factually incorrect
assumptions do not help. Jumping to conclusions is the problem with most
reported help issues. Not that you are alone in that but it is a problem so
instead of assuming that the person it is not working for is a numpty (and
many will be much better informed than you or I) think about what could
possibly have gone wrong, there are many more points of failure between a
user and destination website than you seem to be aware of.

And this is a so-called 'community' forum which means that most (if not all)
responders are not necessarily actually qualified to comment on an informed
basis on underlying and specific issues. So reporting the fact that a link
does not work is legitimate comment. And yesterday on another page another
one of their chat links produced a page not found error with a giraffe on
it. Or is that imaginary too? And asking a question does not mean that the
asker hasn't already examined all the various options, and it is being
reported because the normal things to investigate especially in comparison
with similar functionality on other sites that do work normally. If there
is some odd setting then it needs to be either in cookies or explained in
FAQs.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I am, as I speak, hanging on for tech support where I work, because while Outlook works off the VPN, it doesn’t work when I am on the VPN. So yes, I know that things go wrong. And that it doesn’t make us numpties.

I could probably fix it myself - I’ve already given them all the diagnostic information I can get - except that this laptop is so locked down with Policies that I can’t touch anything useful.

The irony of locking down the £500 laptop of the system administrator with root capability on some Unix computers handling millions of £-worth of transactions a month is apparently lost on them 😛

And yes, I know a little about browsers 😊

What I don’t know about is why the NowTV Live Chat is so picky about them.

But it is, so much so that the paragraph I quoted you is from my boilerplate collection; and you will get much the same answer from any of my other Community Contributor colleagues.

No-one is accusing you of having an old or badly configured browser; it’s just that from experience we know that it is better to use a browser that comes plain vanilla, as installed, if you want to get through.

As for the expertise available in here, best not to underestimate it; though if you must do that, you would be better off going on NowTV’s tWitter feed, or emailing them using the contact details you have been given.

And what you saw was a unicorn, and that is indeed imaginary, but the page with it on, where broken links go, is real.

Did you actually try the advice I gave you, in italics, or did you just take umbrage at it? I would suggest that you go back, read it carefully and objectively, and try it out.

I can’t guarantee it will work - I can’t guarantee that anything anyone can try will work - but it has worked for many, many people in the past. You can read reports of this all over the Community.

You talk about the importance of constructive help, and I agree with you; but it’s a two-way street. If I went off at the people handling my VPN problem like you are going off here, how far do you think I would get? Not because they would take offence necessarily, though they would certainly be entitled to, but because I would be so busy mouthing off at them that I wouldn’t be able to help them help me by qualifying my problem in as much detail as I could for them.

And again, as above, just having a problem doesn’t make you a numpty. But not accepting a tried and trusted strategy of how best to proceed, when it is offered to you......

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I suggest that you get off criticising people for raising a valid
observation that something did not work.

If something is so badly designed that it requires a so-called vanilla , ie
out of the box, installation than that is itself suspect. In any event and
I'm not entering into any p*****g contest reporting something that has not,
did not and is not working is not wrong.

Just beware that AFTER checking everything including the same functionality
everywhere else the problem remains then it has to be directed at the
source.

My query was how to speak to Now TV, which you thread diverted from! I did
not ask how to fix their problem, or how I could 'fix' their problem. And
if the chat link they provide doesn't or didn't work then it is a problem
that I was trying to flag up for them, and nothing to do with querying any
of my STANDARD and fully updated settings,

RoyB
Legend

Plonk!

(As we used to say on Usenet)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi is there no live chat at present?  Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

According to this NowTV tweet below live chat is open between 8am to 8pm.

So if you need to get in touch with them perhaps try them after 8am tomorrow morning.

youdoodle-2020-09-18T20-30-17Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou for your reply I will try tomorrow 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou unfortunately it's about impossible to find the chat 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am given up searching their website and the WWW for a contact number - if possible, can someone tell me how on earth I can speak to someone from Now? I have gone through too many menus and online chats than a reasonable person can handle.