cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I remove a payment method?

I can see how to update card details, but there is no option to delete a payment method altogether (for a service I have cancelled). So, at the moment, my card details for that service are still stored. I want the card details associated with that cancelled service to be removed.

Where is the option to delete card details?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
There is no way of removing payment details. You can do two things:

1. Put a payment PIN on the account, which will prevent any accidental purchases 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

2. Close your account completely, by emailing support. Address in the below picture 

A116C8F4-A4D9-4DBF-A486-A8D6F2A15927.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
There is no way of removing payment details. You can do two things:

1. Put a payment PIN on the account, which will prevent any accidental purchases 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

2. Close your account completely, by emailing support. Address in the below picture 

A116C8F4-A4D9-4DBF-A486-A8D6F2A15927.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help,

It's a shame that payment details can't be deleted. It should be possible to do so. As a result, I will be looking for an alternative broadband service, as this sort of thing undermines my trust in a company (as does the inability to get help directly from a company - I found the chat facility completely useless, and the help pages even more so. As for trying to find a contact telephone number, don't even ask!).

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I should add that the PIN route doesn't actually deal with my concern, which is having my card details stored by NOW unnecessarily - and they can still take payments from that card even if I have a payment pin. To me, it's a security issue and I see no justification for companies failing to provide a means of deleting your card details once a subscription is cancelled.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to do a search on the forum for the number? As there are plenty of threads that have that number.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - no. Didn't occur to me. I expect companies to provide contact numbers up front. I wouldn't expect to have to search a forum. If a company provides contact numbers upfront, it tells me they are customer focused, not hiding out of sight when help is needed.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The contact number is on the help side of the website. It does however take a bit of digging around to find it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that. However, there seems to be a difference between contacting NOW about broadband and contacting them about TV subs. My issue is with the latter. I've emailed them to get the card details deleted and am awaiting confirmation that it's been done. Thanks for the help.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Contact your card provider and tell them to cancel the recurring card payment authority from their end. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Yes, I've done that. But I still don't want those card details stored by NOW.

Thanks.