cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I delete card & address history but keep the account for the future?

I just want to delete my card and address details, but keep my account. I might want to use it in the future but not at the moment.

Is this possible? 

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I think not.

But as long as all your passes are cancelled, and you have set a Payment PIN under My Account/Settings & PINs to stop anyone else  misusing your account, the other details will likewise lie dormant unless and until you decide to resubscribe,

And so, perhaps, don’t need to be removed,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not exactly but you can err circumvent it.

1. Put a card that is about to expire or one you are about to cancel on your account. That can’t be charged.
  2. Not sure why you would want to change your address, but there is nothing to stop you doing so. Just put any address in.  I know that works cos I moved and had to change it.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Presumably NowTV will do the 10p reserve thing on any change of card or address, to check it?

When you moved, you will have told your card issuer you new address, so your card will have been linked to that, and you had to change to that on NowTV as well.

So if @Anonymous User changes his address on NowTV, it will no longer match his card, and the 10p check would fail.

I’ve just had the other eventuality happen naturally, as a card of mine expires at the end of this month. My bank has sent me a new card, with expiry 2022; it has the same long number, but a changed CVV.

Unless that triggers a query from NowTV, quoting an expired card is likely to be ineffective unless it is not renewed at all.

But like you, I am puzzled as to what these steps are supposed to achieve for @Anonymous User over and above the Cancels, given the important Payment PIN setting is made to safeguard the account from third party interference.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can change your address with no checks.  Try it.

Also the card check does not check the address (well it didn't in the past). 

The card that is on my account expired back in January 2018, and was subsequently replaced with a new card with a new number as a result of me losing the card.  That is deliberate as I just use vouchers.  This also means no unexpected withdrawals.  

Card number
Expiry date
01/18

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I do not claim to be any sort of expert here, but I have a feeling that when you set up recurring payments, you authorise your account and not just the specific current card. 

So - an out of date card, by itself, may not be enough to prevent unexpected debits as I think the bank might honour future charges. The authority needs to be formally cancelled. Here is a roughly similar example from the Money Savings Expert website in 2017 and I'm sure there will be more.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5582225

I believe these payments are also called a Continuous Payment Authority (CPA) and there are also dire warnings about them on the MSE site

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/recurring-payments/

Like the OP, I am also in process of cancelling my membership, but in my case, I want EVERYTHING erased. So far, I have cancelled the NOWTV pass and succeeded in getting LiveChat to erase my card details from the servers. Their complaints team is now looking at erasing all of my other information as well under GDPR.

I shall be very wary of taking on a CPA or signing up to anything like this in future.

Hope That Helps