cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can you remove account and card details from NOW TV?

Hi there! I would like to know, how can you remove account and card details from NOW TV? As I can not afford it, I have remove my passes, but I want to delect my account and card details!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi T-Hub

Here are Now TV's help chat contact details: 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

Then:

Now TV's Help Chat.jpg

Hope this helps

UK Bob

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi T-Hub

As I understand it, under the GDPR Act which has just passed, all you have to do is put in a request to Now TV to delete all your account data and they will have to do it or set themselves for the harsh penalties that can now be imposed.

And not only that, if you can prove that they have ignored your request you can then use a no win no fee solicitor to sue them. 

Just make sure you have everything documented.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How would I go about doing that, would you give me details?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again T-Hub

I would do the following:-

1) Get onto Now TV's help chat and text in your request, insure that your request is clear and logical.

2) Once your request has been accepted, download and save a copy of your text request and, especially, the the help person's response.

3) Within a day or two you should receive an official confirmation that your request to leave Now TV has been accepted, again save a copy of this.

If all goes as expected, you should have left Now TV and no further funds will be withdrawn from your account.

Just one thing to note, you must have a valid account if you want to continue to use Now TV's free services, such as BBC's iPlayer, UKTV Play, All4, etc. 

Finally, keep your related documents readily available so that if things go wrong, as some users have reported in the past, you can show that you have done everything reasonable and possible to leave Now TV.

Good luck.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi T-Hub

Here are Now TV's help chat contact details: 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

Then:

Now TV's Help Chat.jpg

Hope this helps

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been randomly charged for the movie pass after a trial was started. I checked all devices on the account and none have been accessed since March, yet on 23rd May the trial was added.

I spoke to a 'Harry' on webchat and I specifically asked for my card details to be removed, but instead he refunded me, then said "if i remove card details, you won't get the refund".. I said I didnt ask for a refund, I asked for my card details to be removed! He then pastes a huge chunk from some policy and says I cant have my details removed.

There's no reason to keep my card details. I have no plans to ever use nowTV again and would delete the account if I could.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi 8o8

They have to delete your details or open themselves up to sanctions under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law that came into effect on 25th May 2018.

It's obvious that no one told "Harry" that EU and UK law trumps company policy and so you can now report Now TV (and Harry) to the Information Commisioner's Office:

https://ico.org.uk

Let us know how you get on.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well i tried again and spoke to someone called 'Vijay' and I got the same copy & paste policy.. He did deactivate my account, but that's not much good if my card details are still there any time the account is activated.

I should've copied it and pasted it here, but I'm sure they send it to anyone having the same problem as me, which i can assume is a lot of people.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done it, my account will be deactived!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you send me the link, please?