cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can i close my account completely

I've recently had a charge on my account for a sky sports day pass that neither me or my husband bought. I sent a complaint and they basically told me it's my problem because 'I used it' 

I just want to either take  my card details off my account or close my account.

I haven't even logged into this account since December last year so I don't use it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Great. And I hope you forced a logout of all devices as described there, to lock the intruder out.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Closing account advice as here:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Close-and-delete-account/m-p/510874/highlight/true#M10431

Re your current situation, I would guess:-

Someone else - a family member perhaps? - has access to your account, or a device with it on and open, and has bought this pass;

You have not set a Payment PIN, something which would have prevented this.

If you go into My Account/Devices, and look at the most recent Last Used date/time, this, plus the device it is shown against, may shed some light on who did what, where and when.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the link I'll have a look at that.

As for who went on my account it said that someone registered a Samsung tv I don't know anyone with one. And if my family had logged onto my account to watch sky sports (nobody in my family likes or watches sports) they would have said and I wouldn't be bothered
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

It would seem you have been compromised then, which is worrying.

You didn’t possibly previously have a Samsung TV on which you had set up NowTV, and then you let it go, with your details still on it?

Otherwise, to use a new device on your account, someone must have known both your account number and your password.

But unless they have hacked your email, or know your secret security question and the answer to it, if you have protected it that way, they won’t be able to change your password at least.

But you must change it now, straight away, under My Account/Personal Details. See the details in the Help, here:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-password

This will stop this person from logging in again, but won’t end their current session, or what they can do in it.

So you must also force a logout on all devices, as in the third FAQ question on that page:-

You can force a logout from any devices you're signed in to. This means that next time anyone tries to use one of these devices, they'll need to sign in again. To force a logout, reset your password and when you get to the Manage permissions page, select NOW TV and click Remove.

Now just sign back in on each device with your new password.

Now, to use your account, they will have to sign in again, which they won’t be able to do, as they don’t know your new password.

To further secure your account now, though, I recommend you also set up a Payment PIN, under My Account/Settings & PINs, And tell only people you trust the PIN, which will stop anybody else buying passes on your account.

Finally, delete the device they were using, under My Account/Devices. This doesn’t have any great effect, though, except to free up the device slot they have taken, make it more obvious if they still manage to come back, and give you some quiet satisfaction.

Just using a Sports Day Pass was quite modest though; you are perhaps lucky they didn’t put you on the Monthly Sports subscription, or fire up Movie and Entertainment passes; hopefully you haven’t had any of these running while you have not actually been using NowTV?

Once you have battened down the hatches, as above, it is worth a hard think about who might have compromised you, and how. This case doesn’t sound like a compromised device, where a person has access to your account, but doesn’t actually know your password, but rather a case where they actually have your password.

Letting NowTV account details out into the wild is potentially putting as much as £65.00 a month up for grabs; guard that password like you would a credit card PIN.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your help. I changed my password and put all the pins I could on and also removed the device. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Great. And I hope you forced a logout of all devices as described there, to lock the intruder out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been charged for a sky sports week pass that i did not order, how can i cancel my NowTV.

starman73
Elite

Do you have a PIN on your account? Did someone else with access to the account order it?