cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried very hard to stop any future payments coming from my account, there is no button to stop the first payment as I am on a trial with your site and I do not like it.  I want to delete my account and I want this to be stopped so since I can't find a way to properly cancel future payments I am stating here catagocally that if any payment is taken from my bank I will sue your company for theft I have the right to remove your rights of access to withdraw money.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can cancel by clicking the cancel button under your passes and ensuring you confirm through the various are you sures. You'll get an email. If that fails go on to chat and they can help you cancel.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cannot delete accout, cannot delete card details, can only unsubscribe from passes, what a joke. I get this guys problem and I have not even been trained in customer service, don't you NOW TV understand what he's asking. Pretty sure it's illegal not to remove a customer's card details from your system if he has asked you you know, you are a big company sort it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This company is a complete and utter joke. Iv been trying to delete me account completely for the last two hours as it has charged me randomly again even though I haven’t got any passes active and haven’t for two months. I want a manager to contact me ASAP because I have had enough of this company! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Somehow, somwhere along the line I seem to have collected 3 accounts none of which ackonwledge I have an active pass.
I am still charged monthly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i just hope if you get rid of your box you smash it ,becauseif its used it then is logged to its former users account and the details used

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For what purpose would NowTV need to hang onto anyone's payment card details once they have cancelled their subscription? What is your data retention policy and when would payment details be deleted? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV want to reserve free trials for new customers only.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi OBY

First, to get this out of the way, I'm not Now TV, just a customer like most people that visit this forum.

OK, if you feel that Now TV is unfairly holding onto your data then you have following law to fall back on:

General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

This law, which was enacted last year, has seven key principles

Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
Purpose limitation
Data minimisation
Accuracy
Storage limitation
Integrity and confidentiality (security)
Accountability 

Therefore, if you feel that Now TV's retention policies or treatment of your data conflict with the GDPR rules and regulations then you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and swear out a complaint.

However, you can get more helpful info here:

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

GDPR, yes! Thanks for your insight, much appreciated.