Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrian-B
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Removing payment card details?

Hi n-a

Thanks for your post.

As your issue is account sensitive, I have sent your a private message regarding your request.

Kind Regards

Adrian

NOW TV Team

KA47
Contributor 1

Hi, I would also like to remove my card details asap, please contact me.

Thanks

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi KA47,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we are unable to comply with your request at this time as we need to retain this information for audit and fraud prevention purposes.

Your details are held securely in accordance with Payment Card Industry standards and will be securely deleted in line with our data retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

Kind regards,

Jason

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
KA47
Contributor 1

@Jason-C wrote:

Hi KA47,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we are unable to comply with your request at this time as we need to retain this information for audit and fraud prevention purposes.

Your details are held securely in accordance with Payment Card Industry standards and will be securely deleted in line with our data retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

Kind regards,

Jason

NOW TV Team

Thanks for the prompt (copy & pasted) response.

''...and will be securely deleted in line with our data retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.''

You'll randomly delete my card details at a certain stage in time? How do you know at that point I don't want them removed?

At the moment, I don't want them on the website in my account section. What happens if my password is used by someone else and they purchase items from NOW TV since my card details are stored on the system for future use?

''I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request...''

No, I don't appreciate that, I don't know why you trust that I would, no other website has seemingly come up with this reason when I attempt to remove my card details. And I have bought from plenty. This is the first time I've not been able to remove my own card information, my own personal property, from an online service. I buy things from you, then you still keep my card information long after transaction, and also despite my attempts to remove it.

Maybe there should be a placeholder warning on the site, that once a customer enters their credit card information, it cannot be removed. And I don't mean smallprint type in terms & conditions, I mean a clear disclaimer on the same page, when entering such sensitive personal data.

''...we need to retain this information for audit and fraud prevention purposes.''

It's ironic that fraud prevention is the primary reason I do not want my information stored on your site. It's my right to safeguard my data better than yourselves.

''If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com...''

So am I barking up the wrong tree in directing these questions here? Is there nothing you can do? Only the Sky dp team can resolve this type of issue? The poster above me received an entirely different response, that the ''enquiry is account-sensitive'', and was messaged personally. What's the difference with my account? Was he/she given a different response?

Thanks

Adrian-B
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi KA47.

Thanks for your reply. 

I have sent you a private message regarding your post.

Regards

Adrian 

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
boby974
First Poster

Re: How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after tri

Hi,

I want to CLOSE my account and DELETE everything related to my personal and card details. I ALREADY switch-off auto-renew option, so don't need to tell me (again...) how to switch-off the auto-renew. I understood you have to keep data for legal (and surely for other crap) reasons. So how long is you data retention policy? Be clear plz.

Regards

Michael-H
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after tri

Hi Boby974,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post. We fully appreciate that you would like an exact time frame for when your details will be removed, however this request would need to be taken up with our Data Retentions Team who would be able to clarify.

As mentioned in Jason-C's post regarding the contact details and how to proceed forward. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
bump1969
First Poster

Re: How do i completely remove my NowTV account

this has gotta be illegal. i want my details removed too. if i dont want them to have my card details, why should they still keep them.

Sara-F
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi bump1969,

Sorry that you feel this way, but we assure you that your details are securely held. This is just something that we must adhere to and in all honesty this protects your details more than you may think.

It is a legal practise set by the Inland Revenue and Trading Standards that we must abide by and we cannot change rules that are out of our hands.

Again apologies, please do not feel that we do this on purpose because we don't, it's a just a standard policy.

Kind regards,

Sara

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
sdghadrahdfrhdf
First Poster

I also wish to remove my account. This isn't a question of just disabling the renewal, I actually want the account disabled/deactivated so that it cannot be used at all. I understand (as has been stated in every other comment) that Sky want to keep some information for their business purposes but I don't understand why they can't do this WHILST providing me an option to close my account. It seems to me that cancelling/closing/deactivating my account is a completely separate step from Sky retaining information for accounting purposes. Can someone from Sky please confirm to me why this steps are linked and why they aren't providing me with a perfectly reasonable option. I won't be interested in using this service again, I don't want to be contacted by Sky about it, I don't want to have to remember to refresh passwords on it if I ever need to refresh passwords on services, I just want it closed. BTW I have just received a standard-form 'sorry you want to cancel' email which did not respond to my request to cancel through the help options at all. Instead it just gives auto-renew off options. Not what I asked for and every suggestion from the email is that the person (or computer) responding made no effort to read my request. Don't you just love standard form responses from customer support? Thanks for reading, Steve.