cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon-B
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: How do I delete my account and remove my card details?

@Fars wrote:
For anyone working for the Now TV team wondering why we want to cancel, this entire cancelation process is exactly why.

We can't close and delete our accounts.

We can't even delete our card details.

This is disgusting and unnaceptable. Your service is poor in terms of content and price compared to netflix. Your cancellation policy isn't good enough.

Your response to our repeated requests is to robotically keep replying with the same imputent directions that don't fulfill our request in any way.

If you're powerless support staff with no ability to help us, simply do us a favor and don't reply. Frankly it's insulting to be told the same thing 5 times.

Hi Fars,

Sorry you feel this way about our cancellation policy.

We had gone down the route whereas we wanted the user to be in charge of their own account so that they have the power to come and go as they wish.

We do have details of how to cancel and manage your account on our FAQ pages.

We cater each of our responses to the question or query of the user so the last thing we want to be is robotic Smiley Sad

You can edit and remove details on your community profile but we do have to keep some details on our systems due to the Data Retention Policy but these will be securely removed. You will find that most companies have a Data Retention Policy.

I hope this helps clear things up for you. If you have any further questions or queries then just give us a shout.

All the best,

Shannon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Fars
Contributor 2

@Shannon-B wrote:
We had gone down the route whereas we wanted the user to be in charge of their own account so that they have the power to come and go as they wish. 

This route doesn't put us "in charge" of anything. If we want to come back, we can create an account again, it wasn't difficult the first time, I'm sure we'd manage a second.

@Shannon-B wrote:

We do have details of how to cancel and manage your account on our FAQ pages.

No you don't. You have instructions on turning off auto renew. This isn't canceling our accounts, this is canceling renewal.

@Shannon-B wrote:
We cater each of our responses to the question or query of the user so the last thing we want to be is robotic Smiley Sad

No you don't, all of the robotic colleagues above didn't bother to read the thread or comprehend the question. They simply repeated the same instructions to cancel renewal, this isn't what is being requested.

@Shannon-B wrote:
You can edit and remove details on your community profile but we do have to keep some details on our systems due to the Data Retention Policy but these will be securely removed. You will find that most companies have a Data Retention Policy.

I haven't input any details for this forum, because I wish to cancel my account, so the ability to remove those details isn't doing very much for me. Thanks for the information though.

I don't care what your data retention policy is, it doesn't require you to keep our card details, it at the very most requires you keep a name and address. Any company with a data retention policy doesn't need our payment details, what would you possibly do with them when we want to cease business with you?

I'm pleased you address your colleagues parroting robotic replies at your customers, sadly nothing else you've said helps in any way to the original or repeated query we have, namely canceling our accounts. The misdirection with the data retention policy wasn't so much appreciated.

A better response would be to simply admit that no, NowTV has no way to cancel your account, only to cancel auto renewal. And that no, there is no way to remove our card details from your system, as you haven't added the option to your software yet.

MrBritorious
Contributor 1

Thanks NOWtv for basically stealing my card details very poor quality service you have here I applaude you you have no right to keep our details even with data retention Smiley Frustrated  you are keeping our card details which are no longer needed and I suggest you give is the option to remove them as the person who replied to your post has said you have only the right to keep our address and name and NOT our card details REMOVE THEM!

Rich-A
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi MrBritorious,

I really want to help you out with this, but as it may involve discussing some personal details with you, I've sent you a Private Message in the Community.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Rich

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Dazajabal
First Poster

Please delete my billing information as I have no intention of using your services !!!

Aaron-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Dazajabal,

Thanks for the post.

As I need to discuss your account I have sent you a private message.

I hope this helps,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
aley
First Poster

I would like to remove my card details and fully cancel my account to, may you please email me with details how to do this also.

Thank you.

0 Thanks
tlovely
First Poster

Re: How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after tri

get me and my details off this site now please. this is not the first time i have tryed to do this. end subscriction now

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Re: How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after tri

Hi tlovely,

Thanks for getting in touch. Apologies for any issues you've had with NOW TV.

To cancel your account, please follow the simple steps available here: Account & Billing FAQs.

Regarding your request to remove details: we do need to retain some information relating to you in order to maintain our records of current and previous customers. We also need to retain it for audit purposes and related legal purposes.

I can assure you that the information we hold about you is kept securely and will be deleted in line with our retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

That said, I'll also be sending you a Private Message, in order to discuss sensitive account details.

Kind regards,

Jason

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
n-a
First Poster

Removing payment card details?

Hi,

I've set my Now TV account to not auto-renew and indeed it hasn't (having logged in to check that everything was done and I've confirmed that my credit card was not charged with a new payment, so that all seems fine). However, my credit card details are still there, and I don't seem able to remove them.

I'd like to be able to remove them for security / protection reasons, since I can see at least two risks in leaving my card details on your site: (i) that Sky's systems are hacked or compromised revealing my card or personal details, and (ii) that my Now TV account login is hacked or compromised allowing payments to be made that I haven't authorized.

I understand that there will be operational reasons for keeping hold of my cardholder details behind the scenes for a short period (in case of queries and mistakes, and to prevent fraud, and so on), but I'd really like to remove the details from the Now TV account when I log in over the internet, so that they can't be used - that is, to at least guard against risk (ii) above. Can you let me know how I do this?

Thanks very much in advance,

David.