cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You'll need to pop onto live chat to get your bank details removed. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,
I recently won a free now tv pass with the McDonald’s monopoly for 3 months. However I now want to delete my account and erase my card details as I’m not allowed to watch any movies because I have no pass apparently. Since I have no pass I cannot delete my account. Need help??!!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. NOW TV ask you to leave card details on your account for your account to remain active, so if you intend to come back at a later date or you have a NOW TV box that you will continue using I'd recommend leaving your card details on. You can always enable your payment PIN in your account http://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin if you want to make sure nobody in the household purchases passes by mistake.

However if you are sure you want your card details removed, you can ask live chat to do this for you. 

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

http://https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a free now TV entertainment pass and now I want to delete my account, what do I do
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I find it utterly ridiculous that you can't actually delete your account. I have never come across that before with any other company. Very intrigued to know what the legal / regulatory reasons are and what personal info they are actually required to keep / how long for / why.

I tried to delete my account  which has been dormant for ages as the family use my wife's account. I check my emails more often and am very much the 'admin' in the relationship so would benefit us to change the email address on her account to mine. We can never do this though, as my address is 'in use' on my existing account.

I have managed to remove the card details form my account, to stop the potential of someone logging into my account and maiking a purchase, but I hear that you haven't always been able to do this either.

Poor form from NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to close my account completely, and delete all my collected personal data.
I'm not using your service any more.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also want to delete my account. All my passes have been cancelled, and my card details have been removed. However, I want to deactivate my account entirely i.e remove username/ password, address etc.

I have spoken with two 'advisors' on the chat, and both have been less than helpful. 

Please make this process easier.

Sarah

RoyB
Legend

Remind them of the following section from ‘Privacy and Cookies’, which you will find at the bottom of this page (my bold italicisation):-

Keeping your data up to date and your rights

You can contact us via Manage Account for Sky, My Account for NOW TV, or on 03442 414 141 (in the UK) or 0818 719 819 (in ROI) to update, amend, correct your information. You also have the following rights:

• to request access to, or erasure of, the personal data we hold about you
  • to request us to restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you
  • to object to us processing personal data relating to you
  • where you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
  • you have the right to obtain certain personal data from us in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party (also called “data portability”).

Please note that some of these rights are not absolute. In some cases, we may refuse a request to exercise particular rights if complying with it meant that we are no longer able to meet our contractual obligation to provide you with particular products and services. However, we will keep you informed as to the actions that we can take when you make your request.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want my account deleted Do they keep payment details ?if i cancel do they still keep