cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would also like to question why you are blatently disregarding the Data Protection Act?

"5. Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes."

As I am telling you I have no intention of ever using your services again - then you no longer need to leave my details on file/on my account in particular. 

Yes you will no doubt need an encrypted record for auditing, but none of us are arguing that. You no longer need to have my card details readily available/visible on my account. I have ceased using your services... SO KINDLY REMOVE MY DETAILS AS I HAVE REQUESTED.

I have a balance of £0.00 with you and no longer consent to you keeping or processing any data on me. By ignoring my plea, you will be causing me unnecessary stress and worry regarding potential financial damages.

Failing to comply with point 5 above, under the Data Protection act and my plea to remove my details may result in further legal action.

Many thanks.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi RemoveMyCard

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we are unable to comply with your request at this time as we need to retain this information for audit and fraud prevention purposes.

Your details are held securely in accordance with Payment Card Industry standards and will be securely deleted in line with our data retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

If you wish to get in contact directly regarding this please go to nowtv.com/contactus to send us a message directly from your account once logged in.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for the copy and paste response. My details are not held securely as they are still readily available upon logging in to my account. Securely would be deleted from my account and kept encrypted - which they are not.
So to be honest - no I do not appreciate that this is not possible.

I am sure that you will appreciate that with me requesting that my card details are removed from my account and your failure to do so, fails to comply with the Data Protection Act as stated in my previously posted messgae.

I am also concerned by what you deem an appropriate stage. As I have no intention of using any of your services ever again - therefore keeping my account active - with an active payment method. An appropriate stage would be to remove the card details now. This would stop any accidental purchases, or if my account was to be hacked fraudulent purchases/subscriptions.

I find it appauling that this is how NowTV operate - putting you on par with the likes of Very/Littlewoods/Next and similar companies who I have avoided to date. Why can I remove my card details from Paypal/Amazon/Play.com/ToysRUs/Debenhams/Tesco and countless other sites - yet you fail with such a basic request?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do not wish to use the now tv box, your advice on retun procecdure wil be appreciated,plus request for refund. Thank you. Bob Sirett

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you need to follow the steps in this help guide

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Return-my-NOW-TV-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Now TV Box,but as I do not wish to use ir, please remove from you records and advise method of return of this item. Thank you Bob Sirett

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you not simply cancel your passes and leave the now box on (or switch off) for the free channels or future reactivatiion of passes - I think I am correct in saying there are no charges for the free vew element (iplayer, 4OD etc) just the passes?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, you are correct you can have the box for the other apps and keep your card details on the account should you wish to purchase passes in the future. Let us know if you have any future queries.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you Ranj,

What notice do you need to give to stop paying for the movie pass?

Regards

David

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's pay monthly so no notice is required, just visit My Account and click Cancel against Movies, it'll then expire when the next payment is due.