cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Best of luck with that, 4 months later and they tell me they can remove my card details over live chat. Yet (as you will see from previous posts) apparently this isn't possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes seems to me they make the rules up as they go along. T&Cs make no mention of how they delete or don't delete data, yet they cite data protection per T&C's all the time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

Simon's post a little further back on the topic provides the best advice on this. Feel free to use those details to get in touch.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Tom for a response. I feel that's a bit of a cop out on the forum admins part, your colleagues are suggesting /referring to T&Cs and data protection yet not citing these. If the team is being told this is information then it should be possible to substantiate these assertions in the public forum without releasing confidential information. Further given the public nature and interest in this issue it would be prudent for there to be greater openness and clarity on what T&Cs cover this and what details are kept and for how long.
Data protection is often cited and abused it would be in everyone's interests to know this is not the case in these circumstances for all sides.
I shouldn't have to write to data protection to ascertain your companies general policy on storing 'my' data prior to opening an account or passing you confidential and payment data, I should be able to determine that information readily prior to imparting 'my' data to you so that I can do so, as an enlightened individual.
Whether others choose to do so themselves before signing up is entirely a matter of their own choosing, it shouldn't prevent those that wish to understanding how their data is handled prior to giving that data to you.

I do feel this thread has been poorly handled on both sides perhaps now would be a good opportunity to rethink, reflect and provide a fulsome explanation?
I would add that clearly payment information was not required to open an account and access NowTV, that position has changed and whether for verification purposes or not how you then deal with the details you take is a reasonable public concern for all users.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's the answer bobj, I know you're not happy with it but there's nothing more to add.

If you'd follow the steps Karl mentioned to speak to us via live chat, we'll be able to remove your card details from your account.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Then it incumbant upon your team not to provide misleading information that is not correct or verifiable:

"I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to do this as it is part of the data retention policy that is mentioned in the T's & C's."

Which you cannot cite and I cannot find.

I take it the policy is then, to remove Card details one has to contact you in Live chat, to have that done or simply to discuss what can be deleted and when?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was told 4 months ago that they could not be removed. They (bank details) would stay associated to your account until Now TV warranted these details redundant in a non-specified amount of time. Yet now I have been informed this can be done (which it has) over live chat.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great:

So Could Site admin confirm that:

Where payment details are entered to confirm the account and not to subscribe to a package or make any payment, that:

1) Upon inititating a Live chat with this site those Payment details will be completely removed.

2) Personal details provided to set up the account will be kept until such time as the account is closed, subject to data rentation obligations upon NowTV/Sky required by HMRC as stated in this thread. Further information on this aspect is obtainable from: The Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

3) At this stage it is not possible to state where this forms part of our T&Cs

Then we should all be clear what the proceedure is and what the requirements are.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, that's correct.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i want my account closed and my personal information removed now!