cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Jason-C wrote:

Hi KA47,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we are unable to comply with your request at this time as we need to retain this information for audit and fraud prevention purposes.

Your details are held securely in accordance with Payment Card Industry standards and will be securely deleted in line with our data retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

Kind regards,

Jason

NOW TV Team

Thanks for the prompt (copy & pasted) response.

''...and will be securely deleted in line with our data retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.''

You'll randomly delete my card details at a certain stage in time? How do you know at that point I don't want them removed?

At the moment, I don't want them on the website in my account section. What happens if my password is used by someone else and they purchase items from NOW TV since my card details are stored on the system for future use?

''I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request...''

No, I don't appreciate that, I don't know why you trust that I would, no other website has seemingly come up with this reason when I attempt to remove my card details. And I have bought from plenty. This is the first time I've not been able to remove my own card information, my own personal property, from an online service. I buy things from you, then you still keep my card information long after transaction, and also despite my attempts to remove it.

Maybe there should be a placeholder warning on the site, that once a customer enters their credit card information, it cannot be removed. And I don't mean smallprint type in terms & conditions, I mean a clear disclaimer on the same page, when entering such sensitive personal data.

''...we need to retain this information for audit and fraud prevention purposes.''

It's ironic that fraud prevention is the primary reason I do not want my information stored on your site. It's my right to safeguard my data better than yourselves.

''If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com...''

So am I barking up the wrong tree in directing these questions here? Is there nothing you can do? Only the Sky dp team can resolve this type of issue? The poster above me received an entirely different response, that the ''enquiry is account-sensitive'', and was messaged personally. What's the difference with my account? Was he/she given a different response?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi KA47.

Thanks for your reply. 

I have sent you a private message regarding your post.

Regards

Adrian 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello

I would also like my card details removed from the site. Could you please get back to me with details on how to do this.

Thank you.
Malcolm
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

I have sent you an email regarding this.

Thanks,

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

can you tell me how please

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

As your post is an account related query, I have sent you an email. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to get post again. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I also wish for my private personal credit card information to be removed from my account. I strongly agree with the views of KA47 and wish you take action as you have done with the others. 

I will be waiting for a private message from your team, so don't hesitate. 

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post

I have emailed you regarding this

Thanks

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also wish my card details REMOVED as well, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I also wish my card details REMOVED as well, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given that you have an 'account' related issue (which is subject to the Data Protection Act), I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your requirements to them.

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers