cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Anonymous User
Not applicable
For anyone working for the Now TV team wondering why we want to cancel, this entire cancelation process is exactly why.

We can't close and delete our accounts.

We can't even delete our card details.

This is disgusting and unnaceptable. Your service is poor in terms of content and price compared to netflix. Your cancellation policy isn't good enough.

Your response to our repeated requests is to robotically keep replying with the same imputent directions that don't fulfill our request in any way.

If you're powerless support staff with no ability to help us, simply do us a favor and don't reply. Frankly it's insulting to be told the same thing 5 times.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
For anyone working for the Now TV team wondering why we want to cancel, this entire cancelation process is exactly why.

We can't close and delete our accounts.

We can't even delete our card details.

This is disgusting and unnaceptable. Your service is poor in terms of content and price compared to netflix. Your cancellation policy isn't good enough.

Your response to our repeated requests is to robotically keep replying with the same imputent directions that don't fulfill our request in any way.

If you're powerless support staff with no ability to help us, simply do us a favor and don't reply. Frankly it's insulting to be told the same thing 5 times.

Hi Fars,

Sorry you feel this way about our cancellation policy.

We had gone down the route whereas we wanted the user to be in charge of their own account so that they have the power to come and go as they wish.

We do have details of how to cancel and manage your account on our FAQ pages.

We cater each of our responses to the question or query of the user so the last thing we want to be is robotic 😞

You can edit and remove details on your community profile but we do have to keep some details on our systems due to the Data Retention Policy but these will be securely removed. You will find that most companies have a Data Retention Policy.

I hope this helps clear things up for you. If you have any further questions or queries then just give us a shout.

All the best,

Shannon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
We had gone down the route whereas we wanted the user to be in charge of their own account so that they have the power to come and go as they wish. 

This route doesn't put us "in charge" of anything. If we want to come back, we can create an account again, it wasn't difficult the first time, I'm sure we'd manage a second.

@Anonymous User wrote:

We do have details of how to cancel and manage your account on our FAQ pages.

No you don't. You have instructions on turning off auto renew. This isn't canceling our accounts, this is canceling renewal.

@Anonymous User wrote:
We cater each of our responses to the question or query of the user so the last thing we want to be is robotic 😞

No you don't, all of the robotic colleagues above didn't bother to read the thread or comprehend the question. They simply repeated the same instructions to cancel renewal, this isn't what is being requested.

@Anonymous User wrote:
You can edit and remove details on your community profile but we do have to keep some details on our systems due to the Data Retention Policy but these will be securely removed. You will find that most companies have a Data Retention Policy.

I haven't input any details for this forum, because I wish to cancel my account, so the ability to remove those details isn't doing very much for me. Thanks for the information though.

I don't care what your data retention policy is, it doesn't require you to keep our card details, it at the very most requires you keep a name and address. Any company with a data retention policy doesn't need our payment details, what would you possibly do with them when we want to cease business with you?

I'm pleased you address your colleagues parroting robotic replies at your customers, sadly nothing else you've said helps in any way to the original or repeated query we have, namely canceling our accounts. The misdirection with the data retention policy wasn't so much appreciated.

A better response would be to simply admit that no, NowTV has no way to cancel your account, only to cancel auto renewal. And that no, there is no way to remove our card details from your system, as you haven't added the option to your software yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have recently got nowhere in dealing with live chat. As a result I no longer want anything to do with nowtv.
I wish to close my account an remove all my details
Reading what others have said it appears nowtv don't allow it.
I am sure that their acting illegally by keeping data that you do not wish them to retain.
I will be getting some legal advice about this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
NowTV have refused to delete my credit card information. I cancelled my auto renewals, the confirmation email was received. I sent a message via account chat to have my credit card details removed. I received an email stating that i have no auto renewals enabled and that NowTV cannot remove my credit card details due to "fraud prevention".

I have raised a ticket with my credit card company as I believe this is very dodgy. I should be able to have control over who has my credit card information (especially when I have no active subscription renewals )
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Let us know if you still wish to deactivate the account.

Waiting to help you at the earliest : )

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
my right to erasure under GDPR was refused. I have never had a credit card transaction (so no need to retain details) i only used the free vouchers. I cancelled 3 weeks before the voucher expiry time. I have only had the option to disable my account.

I am now raising a complaint against NowTV with the ICO and Barclaycard. I believe NowTV are acting unlawfully by retaining my credit card details.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Mr ON

Let us know how you get on.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I would like my account to be close down and my personal details removed from your system under the new GPDR law. I see there is no option on your site for customers to be able to close down their accounts and request for their personal details to be removed. There should now be an option as it is illegal to hold on to customer details when they want them to be removed.

Please could you let me know what options Now Tv have to allow customers to close completely close down their accounts and have their personal details removed?

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks NOWtv for basically stealing my card details very poor quality service you have here I applaude you you have no right to keep our details even with data retention :S  you are keeping our card details which are no longer needed and I suggest you give is the option to remove them as the person who replied to your post has said you have only the right to keep our address and name and NOT our card details REMOVE THEM!