cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Cheers, but I think it’s @ukbobboy who deserves your kudos here for the GDPR posting.

Mine still covers a possible defence that NowTV might mount for retaining card, and other, details after an account closure, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hey Roy

I think OBY got us mixed up, but no biggie coz' we're all in the same age group and all can be forgiven.

Old Emoji 02.png

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy @RoyB  - thank you both! I find this forum highly hard to navigate. 

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy 

Aw no, I’m prettier than your likeness there, and I’m only 49. 

Mind you, I’ve had to move the number base to hexadecimal..... 🤓

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want my details to be removed also.

Under the data laws especially around GDPR. Regardless of your old terms and conditions, people have the right to be forgotten once they no longer use your service. If people request this a company must remove information within a reasonable time frame. Please review these below terms and conditions.

https://gdpr.eu/right-to-be-forgotten/  

Or would you prefer people start completing the below :

https://gdpr.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/RIGHT-TO-ERASURE-REQUEST-FORM.pdf

I want my bank details removed asap !!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, may I suggest you read the GDPR law. As a consumer we have every right to request the removal of data that is no longer required. By failing to remove personal details such as credit card details  when requested by the owner is in breach of the law.

I am requesting my account closed down completely and all payment information removed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Removing card details - I took out the football season pass for my 85 year old dad. I made sure auto renew was off. Twice I have had to cancel a monthly sports pass that neither myself or my dad requested. What the hell is going on??? It would appear hat as long as you have my father's card details you can help yourself to his money. Absolutely scandalous - can you sort this out now, reimburse him and make sure this never happens again otherwise I will take this further.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you please say how long the original pass was set to run for?

And also describe the steps that you took to make sure auto renew was off?

There are four steps to Cancel, and unless you take all four, you aren’t cancelled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, it was the football season pass. I initially switched off auto renew so that my dad wasn’t charged when it finished. It has since restarted twice for sports monthly pass, I have cancelled both and received emails stating it was cancelled. I am aware that there is nothing straight forward when cancelling NOW passes - how many times do you need to be asked if you are sure? Absolutely ridiculous.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Under GDPR’s Right to be Forgotton, I wish to fully delete my account. How do I do this please?

Also, under GDPR, I’d like to request all the data you hold on me. Please direct me to where I can request this. 

Finally, please give me the contact details for your GDPR officer.