cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after tri

@Wrc1 

It’s the default behaviour of all NowTV passes that they auto-renew, except for the Sports Day and Week Passes.

If you take the Nowbot’s offer to hook you up with Live Chat, and they can see you haven’t used the subsequent Pass, they will possibly refund you.

If you want a non-recurring month in the future, buy the Pass, and Cancel it the minute you have activated it. You’ll still get your month, as Cancel really means ’Cancel any Renewal’, not ‘Cancel this Pass’.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted

Re: Removing payment card details?

I've been getting billed £3.99 for over a year and I want to cancel and a refund because Ive not used your services and you make very it difficult to stop these payments.

Please tell me how I can stop giving away my money to NowTV?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Greenpower 

£3.99 buys you a Kids pass, or Hayu.

if you don’t have a Payment PIN set in My Account/Settings & PINS, then anyone can start a new Pass on a signed-in device, something that even three-year-olds with a bad Peppa Pig habit can accomplish.

But look in My Account/Bills & payments to see what the £3.99 has been paying for, and use My Account/Passes & vouchers to cancel it.

But if you can’t see it in Bills & payments, then you have the worse problem of a second account on the go. And if you can’t figure out what this account might be, then best talk to Live Chat, to help you find it:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, and haven’t set an Ad Blocker, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Highlighted

Can I get a refund for not using this kids pass for over the last year? at £3.99 per month ?

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Greenpower 

You can certainly ask Live Chat, using the contact details I supplied above, about this.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Hi paddles Thanks for getting in touch with your query....

For what purpose would NowTV need to hang onto anyone's payment card details once they have cancelled their subscription? What is your data retention policy and when would payment details be deleted? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@oldbabyyoda 

NowTV want to reserve free trials for new customers only.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion 3

@oldbabyyoda 

Hi OBY

First, to get this out of the way, I'm not Now TV, just a customer like most people that visit this forum.

OK, if you feel that Now TV is unfairly holding onto your data then you have following law to fall back on:

General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

This law, which was enacted last year, has seven key principles

Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
Purpose limitation
Data minimisation
Accuracy
Storage limitation
Integrity and confidentiality (security)
Accountability 

Therefore, if you feel that Now TV's retention policies or treatment of your data conflict with the GDPR rules and regulations then you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and swear out a complaint.

However, you can get more helpful info here:

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-r...

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

@RoyB 

GDPR, yes! Thanks for your insight, much appreciated. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@oldbabyyoda 

Cheers, but I think it’s @ukbobboy who deserves your kudos here for the GDPR posting.

Mine still covers a possible defence that NowTV might mount for retaining card, and other, details after an account closure, though.

0 Thanks