cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Pop onto live chat and explain you want your payment details removed and account deactivated. They should be able to help.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and click the Start Live Chat button.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It says that my £9.99 payment is due tomorrow yet I haven't had a month on now to for that to be possible and even if I had I have used the now tv free trial , I'm 15 years old and my dad isn't happy with me which is making me even more annoyed due to the fact I haven't done anything wrong
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well... Your dad is going to love you even more @Anonymous User.

Because as you are under 18 you must have used his debit or credit card to set-up the NOW TV account and legally you are too young to act on his (the bill payers) behalf, meaning he is going to sort this issue out.

Sufficed to say, the reason you can't cancel the service is because you've left it too late and the NOW TV accounts system is going through the process of extracting £9.99 from your dads card.

The best thing to do is contact a NOW TV representative and explain the situation, which can be done via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Good luck... And don't do it again Smiley Tongue

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User actually you have done something wrong. You pretended to be something you are not over 18. You tried to defraud Now! Luckily for you Now are reasonable and probably will refund the payment. However since you acted dishonestly they don't have to refund anything. The account can of course be cancelled and the card blocked by the Now system.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to cancel and delete my account, removing all my details from the site! how can i do this?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As this forum is accessible to anyone from around the world, for security reasons all 'account' related issues (such as, NOW TV account removal/card details removal and refunds) are subject to the Data Protection Act, which means it's more appropriate for you to directly contact a NOW TV representative rather than asking one of them (or somebody who may be posing as one of them) to contact you!

If you wish to contact a NOW TV representative about your issue, this can be done via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users might require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you please remove my card details from your database please as I feel that I am paying more to have nowtv then Netflix thank you 

RoyB
Legend

You can cancel your passes yourself under My Account/Passes & vouchers.

No NowTV admin intercession needed,

If you do this, you won’t pay anything.

Cant answer for Netflix, except to say it’s different from NowTV, so you should expect them to cost different amounts.

Whether either, neither, or both are worth it is for you to decide; chacun a son goût.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I please be emailed to confirm how I go about doing this? Only I don't like it just being an auto renew off button and would like my account/ card details removed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi JDK673,

We're sorry to hear that your leaving NOW TV.

We can assure you that as long as you have turned of 'Auto renew', your account will be closed. 

For legal and operational reasons, we will need to keep some of your information for a period of time but this will be deleted in line with our data retention policy.

Hope you enjoyed the service.

All the best,

Dan

NOW TV Team