cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Or, is there any way i can make it so i can manually renew rather than automatically renew
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

According to NOW TV's 'terms and conditions' you need to have an 'active' NOW TV account in order to view their services. And that includes having a valid credit/debit card has to be registered to your NOW TV account.

If you don't wish to continue viewing any of NOW TV services after your free trial/offer period you'll need to officially cancel them...

The official way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is via your NOW TV account. It's recommended that you use a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the grey coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

Cancellations.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you just tell me how to do it??? I have not use it even when it was on trial...so i paid for nothing! I need to close it now!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I no longer want my bank details on nowtv. You have been taking payments when i have no tv passes an you have been doing so for months
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

The most probable reason why you've been charged is because you didn't officially cancel your NOW TV subscription(s) (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account'), prior to your free-trial period(s) expiring]!

According to 'NOW TV's Terms & Conditions', if you do not officially cancel the individual NOW TV services you've subscribed to they will 'roll on' automatically prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring. Sufficed to say, asking your bank or credit/debit card company to stop making payments or replacing your debit/credit card does not provide official confirmation to NOW TV that you no longer require their services. Neither does not watching/accessing the NOW TV service!

That being said, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I just signed up to now tv free trial and wanted to remove my card info before I get charged. Does anyone know how to do this
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User you can contact chat to get card removed. It will however cancel the trial.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you wish to continue accessing the NOW TV service after your free trial, having an active debit/credit card is a mandatory requirement of maintaining a NOW TV subscription. Even if you want to exclusively use voucher code passes!

If you want to have your NOW TV account removed after your free trial, you will need to contact a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 2 accounts and I want to delete them both. Can you please let me know how to do this.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

For security reasons, all 'account' related issues such as, NOW TV account removal/card details removal and refunds are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed on the open forum, which means it's more appropriate for you to directly contact a NOW TV representative rather than asking one of them (or somebody who may be posing as one of them) to contact you via the forum!

Cheers