cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I inadvertently setup an account but I omitted to put my card/bank details in as I had second thoughts after reading all the problems people are having with Now tv, ie not being able to cancel accounts or even get to speak to someone about their account! I am currently with EE and i’m happy but Virgin cable is being put into our village and there speeds are a lot faster than any other provider, I just wanted a broadband provider for a few months to tide me over until we can get the Virgin service and Now tv seemed okay for the fact that there is an option to ‘not have a contract’, ie pay month to month and then cancel it. But having read all the comments/complaints I decided against it. Fortunately I didn’t put any card/bank details in so hopefully that’ll be the end of it. Good luck to al, those unfortunate people who are having problems.

K Copley

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Good thing you stayed with EE until Virgin arrives then. The NowTV streaming service is a month-to-month no contract one, but the broadband isn’t - it’s a minimum of one year.

But the two are quite separate, and the account you likely nearly set up was for the streaming service, not the broadband.

I do notice though, that while there are quite a number of legitimate-looking complaints there are an equally large number where people obviously haven’t read enough about how NowTV works, despite the wealth of explanation on the NowTV website.

Good thing you made your exit when you did, as you had a narrow escape there.

But even with Virgin as your ISP, there is a lot that NowTV can offer that you can get nowhere else; so you may want to look again at what the NowTV streaming service can provide, and still sign up if it attracts you. And this service really is contract-free Smiley Happy

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

• Why is it so difficult to cancel???????
  • every link i try to click on says its expired so i have no instructions on how to do it, i havent used the now tv for over a month and now i try to stop you taking money there is every obsticle in my way
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what happens when you visit My Account? You should have a box with the Ents and Movies passes in it with an option to cancel any which are currently active.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I've tried to go through the motions described on this thread in order to cancel my account when my free trial expires. However, I don't have a 'Manage my Payments' tab under 'My Account'.

So what can I do to cancel?

Cheers!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

To cancel, follow the steps in the following help article

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancel-NOW-TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy

Thank you for your reply ... I have just gone through that exercise and I have checked all the subscriptions and they are just saying free trial ... But Now Tv has taken money from my bank account and I haven't got no subscriptions

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

Usually this indicates that you may have another account with a different username and password.

Please ensure that you're using the correct username and password and check that you don't have any other NOW TV accounts with a different email address.

If you require further help, please head to NOWTV.COM/HELP and follow the steps under Contact Us to find Live Chat.

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i want to remove my user name and all account details from now tv and skys system plz

under data protection laws i am entitled to have this information removed when i ask for it to be take off

many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

<link removed, please do not re-post>

ive got my card details removed by talking to live chat link above