cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

And set a Payment PIN under My Account/Manage Account/Account Summary immediately to prevent any further accidental purchases!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

this has gotta be illegal. i want my details removed too. if i dont want them to have my card details, why should they still keep them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi bump1969,

Sorry that you feel this way, but we assure you that your details are securely held. This is just something that we must adhere to and in all honesty this protects your details more than you may think.

It is a legal practise set by the Inland Revenue and Trading Standards that we must abide by and we cannot change rules that are out of our hands.

Again apologies, please do not feel that we do this on purpose because we don't, it's a just a standard policy.

Kind regards,

Sara

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I also wish to remove my account. This isn't a question of just disabling the renewal, I actually want the account disabled/deactivated so that it cannot be used at all. I understand (as has been stated in every other comment) that Sky want to keep some information for their business purposes but I don't understand why they can't do this WHILST providing me an option to close my account. It seems to me that cancelling/closing/deactivating my account is a completely separate step from Sky retaining information for accounting purposes. Can someone from Sky please confirm to me why this steps are linked and why they aren't providing me with a perfectly reasonable option. I won't be interested in using this service again, I don't want to be contacted by Sky about it, I don't want to have to remember to refresh passwords on it if I ever need to refresh passwords on services, I just want it closed. BTW I have just received a standard-form 'sorry you want to cancel' email which did not respond to my request to cancel through the help options at all. Instead it just gives auto-renew off options. Not what I asked for and every suggestion from the email is that the person (or computer) responding made no effort to read my request. Don't you just love standard form responses from customer support? Thanks for reading, Steve.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steve

I am only really able to reiterate the same information which you have been told previously.

What I will suggest is that you check out this article. In it you will find contact details for our data protection team who may be able to go into more detail than I am qualified to do.

Hope this helps

Kieran

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to remove my card details and fully cancel my account too. And i don't want to hear your excuse.

I just want my card details removed and that's it.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nightcr,

Thank you for your post in which you requested the removal of your personal information from Sky’s systems.

It may help if I explain that we need to retain information relating to you in order to maintain our records of current and previous customers. We also need to retain it for audit purposes and related legal purposes.

I can assure you that the information we hold about you is kept securely and will be deleted in line with our retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

Regards

Igor

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is appalling.  You dont need to keep peoples accounts active to maintain audit records.  I have several accounts which i had to create because of the all the system issues i had (which were never resolved by the hepl team btw).  I am worried about someone hacking into one of these accounts and using my details.  But i cant remove them?  Terrible.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

This is appalling.  You dont need to keep peoples accounts active to maintain audit records.  I have several accounts which i had to create because of the all the system issues i had (which were never resolved by the hepl team btw).  I am worried about someone hacking into one of these accounts and using my details.  But i cant remove them?  Terrible.  

Hi kriscommons,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The accounts are still accessible but that does not mean that the accounts are active. If there is not an active subscription currently on the account then to renew a subscription you would need to re-enter your details like your payment details.

This means that in the event that someone had managed to get in to one of your accounts then they would not be able to gain any payment details or re-start a subscription without your payment details.

Hope this clears things up for you.

All the best,

Shannon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remove my card details please.

None of this makes sense, I have cancelled after the trial. I did not use the service enough to justify keeping it.

I understand that my details are required for auditing purposes, but I should be able to remove my card details from the site/my account. You are the only company I have dealt with that operate like this.

I DO NOT WANT MY CARD DETAILS ON FILE. SIMPLY OPTING OUT FOR AUTO-RENEWAL DOES NOT GIVE ME PEACE OF MIND.

When will my details be deleted?

You are praying on further 'accidental' business. Telling somebody to put a pin/parental lock on is not the answer - remove their card details as requested.

SKY ARE LIARS - I HAVE PROVEN THIS WITH MY TV/PHONE PACKAGE WITH AN INCIDENT WHERE I WAS EVENTUALLY ISSUED AN APOLOGY BY LETTER. I DO NOT TRUST YOU TO KEEP MY DETAILS ON FILE.

PLEASE REMOVE THEM ASAP