cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

How can I change my WiFi password

Is it possible to change my WiFi password so half the street can’t connect to my internet ???

0 Thanks
6 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: How can I change my WiFi password

Hi @Nic821 

Try this.

With your internet browser url address bar type in 192.168.0.1 where the router settings webpage will appear on screen.

Once the NowTV Hub Router settings page opens, select Wireless tab, then if you are asked for the username & password use admin & nowtv.

Where in the Wireless section you will see your current password in a box towards the bottom of the screen, type in your own preferred password and click on the apply button.

Make sure you keep a note somewhere safe for your new wifi password used on your NowTV Hub Router.

A factory reset of the Hub Router should default the wifi password back to it's default settings.

Highlighted
Advocate

Thanks il give that a try @schnapps 

0 Thanks
Highlighted

OHENEk21

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nic821 

How come half the street knows your existing password?

Also, are you using a NowTV router? This solves the problem by barely getting its signal outside the room it is in, let alone past your front door 😛

But to check on things in the future, load the free Fing app (on an Android device if you have one as Apple demand the iOS version be crippled in some respects), and this will show you if anyone else is ‘borrowing’ your WiFi.

@jacquelynparker 

Is that your WiFi password? If so, you had better change it quick, as this is a public Community.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

How do I change my wifi password please any good step bye step instructions would be great thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Clareabel 

Look 5 postings above yours.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks